• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reservoir help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

well i am wanting to change my watercooling to an inline system but i have no clue what to do about a Reservoir. i was thinking about possible using some pvc but still no clue how i could do that anyone have any ideas of what i can do for it and how i could build it any help would be nice thanks alot.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
go to radioshack, get a project box, go to a hardware store, get some barbs and some jbweld, and have fun!

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
how i usually have mine set up, im going to change it later on to make it all easier and all
post-1-1032481566.jpg

OP
ThePunkGeek

ThePunkGeek

ok so after i have it all together i just fill it all up with water then put a cap in the end. how do i bleed the system? thanks for the help

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
heres what i suggest, fill and bleed your system with a temp rez, like cap the Tline, make sure its airtight, and unhook the inlet of the pump, submerge that and the tube in the water, run it till all bubles are out, then stick the tube on the inlet underwater while running, then fill the bleed line, and your set

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
btw, check my site, some beginner guide mario wrote, i added something it mite be more than what i said, but you prob understand it

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
ThePunkGeek said:
what kind of water soultion should i use?
Distilled water and water wetter or purple ice or if you don't have these, maybe 5% - 10% of antifreeze for corrosion protection, or you could just run straight water.

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
for running strait water, stick something in to kill bacteria, like rubbing alcohol or something liek that, or some dehumidifier stuff, because you dont want nasties growing

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
if you use antifreeze forget the alcohol, and only use 5% antifreeze, so you can almost not see it

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
and if you have a UV cct, take the little thing out of a highlighter and squeeze all the juice into the water :)