• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resevoir in a 5 1/4" drive bay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingB

I wouldn't want to be hanging a bucket of water (so to speak) over my precious computer parts. I would try to place it at the bottom of the case. If it were to ever leak there will be less chance of damage to the other parts. Overtop and you can pretty much guarantee that a leak would get everything wet.

OP
R

Roger24

I have a Midi-Tower, and the front bottom is where I intended to have my radiator and case- and radiator-cooling fan (Comair Rotron 172X151X51mm, 24V).
The only other place available then, is between the left casewall and the PCI cards, there's a 5cm gap there. Would that be a good place to put the tank? Will the pump fit in a 5cm wide tank?

Angry

Roger24 said:
I have a Midi-Tower, and the front bottom is where I intended to have my radiator and case- and radiator-cooling fan (Comair Rotron 172X151X51mm, 24V).
The only other place available then, is between the left casewall and the PCI cards, there's a 5cm gap there. Would that be a good place to put the tank? Will the pump fit in a 5cm wide tank?
Hey Roger, Im curious, How is your 750 tbird slot A at 700mhz?

Iron Hawk

Im in the same situation as Roger24; im going to have the bottom full with a radiator, so i was thinking of putting the pump/res behind the powerbutton on my LianLi PC68.

Basicly I need a pump that will fit in a 6x10x10 cm area.

does anyone have a MaxiJet (or any pump for that matter) that thay could grab a ruler and measure? Id just like to see some basic dimensions of these things so i could start playing with the numbers in my head.

Thanks

OP
R

Roger24

Angry said:

Hey Roger, Im curious, How is your 750 tbird slot A at 700mhz?

It started to become unstable, so I tried lowering the speed but it didn't help. Just forgot to update my profile that's all :)