• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Results timing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cy

Say I've got 4 machines converted to BOINC so far and I know that t he first work machine should have returned some work by now. Is there a general rule on about how long it takes before you see credit given to your account?

I know that for S@H they do a quarum using 3 machines per work unit.

Cy

I can't really guess, but I am in the same boat you are.
I've turned in 4 more WU's since this morning, yet got no credit for anything yet :(

Cy,

It took a couple days for it to report my first results (this morning)... now they have updated 2 or 3 more times today.

A lot of it is highly dependent on whether you are processing (-1, -2, -3) units for the 3rd (-3) time. They seem to post right away... Some I am still waiting for since Saturday...

???

Crunch on!

Cy,
It's kind of like building a head of steam in a boiler, at first you see nothing for maybe as much as 3-4 days, then you get a trickle and as you continue to build a backlog of completed WUs in your "Pending Credits" list the trickle graduates to a pretty healthy stream. Just to give you an idea, I started on day one of the public release and it took me almost a week to reach the "trickle" stage and by that time I had logged about 275 completed and returned WUs, now I'm up to pretty much a full head of steam.

Once they get their hardware issues ironed out and turn the features back on to show a user's "Pending Credits" as well as the complete listing of all results for your account it will make more sense and in my opinion makes it halfway enjoyable dealing with this new credit system.

SkyHook

I't seems to take about 48 hours to credit most work, but it depends entirely on the other people that were given the same work units. Until everybody has returned the unit nobody gets any credit.

thats very frustrating, cause I am turning in 2 WU's every 2 and a half hours, and so far, I haven't gotten anything back for it all...
I don't like that at all.
thats the exact reason why I quite folding at home, cause it became very fishy.
I was doing tons of work, and getting no credit for it, sometimes for weeks.

I see that as of this morning I have gotten some credit for the earliest work units. Not to bad I guess from what you all are saying about the timing.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Cy

Back