• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Retired Sticky]List of chips on recommended modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does anyone know if the CMX512-3200C2PRO (xms pc3200 with LEDs) is the same exact memory/chips as just regular xms pc3200? If not, does anyone know what kinds of chips the PRO version uses?

Diablo23RD said:
Suma, check these link, All dead. Thanks!

Yea I know, it's a bummer.
Anyway whatever I found there I verified it and whatever I found that was legit I posted here, so we're good :)

Suma.

I have 2x HyperX KHX3500A/512 CL 2.5 ASSY IN USA running dual channel on my NF7-S 2.0

Im having ALOT of trouble getting these modules stable @ 217 Mhz FSB (434 DDR). The stock abit bios (i have tried ALL!) max out at 210 Mhz. Slow timmings and higher voltage doesnt help so i have to use a modded BIOS with command per clock disabled. I have tesed alot of modded BIOS the best for my mobo/ram is Manta rays XT 2.6 CMD disabled and D27 TaiPan EB ED Bpl_3.19 CMD disabled.

I would really like to know what chips are on these KHX3500A/512 but i dont wanna woid my warrenty by removing the heatspreader...

The modded BIOS work fine, just hoping my mobo doesnt die while using it, my hardware dealer once told me "flashing bios woids warrenty"...

PC 3700 gold rev3 and pc4000 gold rev 2 are both Hynix DT-D5
Not sure what else is missing but some of the platinum ram that doesnt have TCCD is infineon C die (aka CH-5) and we use hynix of some sort in the faster speed perfomance level stuff (ct or bt-d5 AFAIK). If you have other specific ones you need info on I can look because I don't really have all the info here.

SteveOCZ said:
PC 3700 gold rev3 and pc4000 gold rev 2 are both Hynix DT-D5
Not sure what else is missing but some of the platinum ram that doesnt have TCCD is infineon C die (aka CH-5) and we use hynix of some sort in the faster speed perfomance level stuff (ct or bt-d5 AFAIK). If you have other specific ones you need info on I can look because I don't really have all the info here.

Hmm... VX? ;)
I'll add your info tomorrow.

Thanks alot steve.

Suma.

WinWiz said:
I would really like to know what chips are on these KHX3500A/512 but i dont wanna woid my warrenty by removing the heatspreader...
You can be almost guaranteed that they use CH-5.

WinWiz said:
The modded BIOS work fine, just hoping my mobo doesnt die while using it, my hardware dealer once told me "flashing bios woids warrenty"...
Don't worry about having a warrantee left, bro. I don't think I've had one for months. :D

I have Corsair XMS TwinX1024-3200XL. Does that mean both chips are Samsung TCCD 4ns (Revision "F")? That kind of memory can do insane overclocks right? I plan to run my system at 400 FSB 24/7 but I was just curious what kind of overclocks I can expect from it?

Edit: Also, if I removed the heatspreaders, would I be able to find out what kind of memory is it? Is it hard to remove the heatspreaders and place them back on the memory? Thanks

If it is a newer serial batch, then it may be possible. You can look underneath and take a quick peak :eek:

I'm betting its not TCCD if it is some memory bought in bulk some 6 months ago. But, you can take a peak...

Umm, i got a pair of ocz dual channel RAM sticks and i was wondering if their worth keeping. ON their stcker it reads:
PC 3200
256MB Dual CH
Premier Series
2.5-3-3-7

Are they worth my time? (I'll be overclocking a 2.4A prescott cpu to 3.5ghz)

Heya Ripper. Samsung TCCDs have been doing VERY well in the overclocking arena. Especially in the DDR2 category. But, the last review on Patriot's XBL had the ram running at 280mhz right away. I'd say thats great for PC3200 2-2-2-5 rated ram reaching 533mhz without modding and using 2.5 or 3-4-4-8.

As for the ram you have Joker, I wouldn't count on it overclocking to 250mhz. I haven't seen any OCZ ram that is PC 3200 Cas 2.5 reaching the fsb speed you need to hit 3.5ghz. That's a full gightz OC, and unless that ram was labeled wrong buy accident, it won't hit 3.5.

You 'might' hit 3ghz depending on your motherboard and how much you can overvolt the memory. PC4200 at 2.5-3-3-7 would definitely give you some overclocking head room.

Darnit, what speed does my mem have to reach in order to hit 3.5ghz? I thought this would be enough. Using this logic processor when at 533 is at 133mhz FSB. I need to get my RAM to 200, if i want my processor at 200. (1:1 ratio). So in theory when my cpu has 200mhz FSB its at 3.6ghz. and pc3200 RAM is orginally at 200mhz (double pumped ot 400 mhz ofcourse).

I could be wrong, but SteveOCZ said that RAM would be enough in a different thread. SOmeone please follow up on this

Thanks

I don't think you will hit 3.5 myself with that particular motherboard. But, thats where you need to start. See what OC's have been achieved with the MSI. The Asus P4P800s have been able to hit that or at least very, close.

2.4a Prescott 1mb Cache (to 3.4!!!) stock cooling!
Spectek 3200 512mb (ran 2.5-3-3-7 at 188 for OC)
This came off of a review I saw online. You will need to tweak the cpu voltage, ram voltage, and ram timings. But again its down to your motherboards ability.

So, now that I follow what youre trying to hit, it will depend on your board. Give it a shot!

"- HyperX PC2700 (2-2-2-5-1T) (KHX 2700)
Winbond BH-6, Samsung TCB3 or Winbond CH-6"

There is also TCCC equipped version of these KHX
( I have a pair of them )

Heatspreaders with stickers

Running some SuperPI :)

I'm sorry for missing photos of TCCC chips under heatspreaders, and my bad english :/

Is my KHX's very rare or something?

Back