• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rev 4 Beta Server is Up (Almost)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, I'm losing ~60 team points and gaining ~7 personal points.

The team is really (REALLY) getting screwed in this changeover. XS is losing ~800 points and going up to 11th from 12th. We're losing over 5350 points, dropping from 11th to 13th. I was pretty much ok with the changeover until I saw just how hosed our team is going to get. :rain:

I lost almost exactly 100boints....( team wise, only 8 boints personally, I think)

..Is this mostly because several of us have benched the same hardware (I.E. 8800gtxs heh)

Last edited:
Yupp same for me. :shrug: There's not much we can do, but bench more, varying pieces of hardware. :shrug:

Edit: Actually, it appears my globals have gone up and I've only lost about 7 points for the team. WOOOT!

Hence why Im picking up a 4850x2 to play with here soon. Going to start collecting dual GPU cards.

i think 3d benching with odd cards or dual or trible gpu's is where the team points are gonna be for most people unless they somehow can get a 5.9 SB or a 6.5 gulftown that are global mines.

The teams doing the best with the change are like madshrimps. We talk to eachother about what hardware gets easy points, then we go out and buy those cards/platforms... that hurts on rev4. Madshrimps does less of that, but their real power on rev4 comes from the hardware masters on their team. They have strong scores on a lot of hardware that we have no decent scores on, and that means they are putting up team power points where we aren't even competing. That is where we are getting beat the worst, our scores on popular hardware beat them usually.

Quick someone send me some unbenched hardware and I will do it!

Hmm, that is a good thing that we have talked about. We just need a plan of attack to do it.

well our team has accomplished so much in the last year. there is no doubt in my mind that once rev4 hits we will adapt and overcome. there is no stopping us from reaching 10th. our team will rise to the challenge of rev 4 and we will keep rising to.... 3rd?

Did we come up with a plan to get things going in preparation for this change? Since I am going to buy a dewar with my BD budget I am going to have to get some cheap hardware to bench.

It looks like all of you guys that drop with the change, do it, so I can move up. I have benched mostly the hardware that I have instead of buying the high point hardware. With the points I have now, I move from 35th to 15th.

Sorry for being a negative nancy earlier guys. I understand (mostly) the system but just hadn't fully realized just how big the hit would be. Five thousand is a massive number. You're darn tootin' we'll be back and fighting for the top ten!

Superbg, good question. I think this calls for a " hit list". We need to start building a list of cpus and gpus, and who on the team has the highest score on each piece of hardware.

Beating people on the hitlist gets the team maximum points. Knocking off hardware on the hitlist that no one has good scores on is even more valuable.

Like the may hwbot competition, it is very difficult to win if we don't compete in every category. The hitlist should help make sure we improve our scores in each category.

The most valuable hardware to buy right now is worth 30boints or more for first place, and our team doesn't have any strong scores on that CPU/gpu yet.

Must have been an error in the stats yesterday. I show as number 30 now. I think that seems more correct.

I'll be losing a lot of team as well. I'll be going from 595.6 to 179.23, which is a 416 point loss or 70% of my points...

All you censored.gif with globals...:p

I just noticed I lost ~70 more points after the last recalc on the Rev4 server...:( Pretty soon I'll have no points left... Looks like I'll be dropping from 11th to 34th on the team. Although, I'm 9th on the team for personal points, the new calcs are still a little confusing.

Back