• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reverse mouse/gamepad Y-axis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Do you reverse the mouse/gamepad Y-axis?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Blergle

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

BenF

I don't reverse mine. I've gotten used to moving my mouse up to look up on the screen and moving my mouse to look down. It seems strange imo to make it so up is down and down it up.

tinymouse2

I had to choose "Blergle" simply because it depends what I'm doing.
Flying something or playing an RPG I always have it inverted though the Y axis. If I'm just playing an FPS game then I just stick to the norm.

mage_x

I like to invert both unfortunately a lot of PS3 games don't allow me to invert the X axis for some reason.

jaymz9350

The only time I invert the Y axis is when flying a plane with a joystick so I voted no, on a mouse or game pad I do not.

ratbuddy

Wow, I thought it was more popular than that. Glad I asked.

I've always played with it reversed. Just feels more natural to me.

Rich'[ard]

i've only heard of inverting the y-axis on gamepads...didn't know some people used it on mouses as well :)

but i leave it as it is on both mouse and gamepad.

Radical

I only invert axes if I'm using a joystick for a flight/space sim. Otherwise it feels to weird, especially on FPS games.

I had to choose "Blergle" simply because it depends what I'm doing.
Flying something or playing an RPG I always have it inverted though the Y axis. If I'm just playing an FPS game then I just stick to the norm.

Same here. Flying is inverted, pretty much everything else is normal. Then again, I should have picked no since I haven't played a flight sim or fps with aircraft in years. Last one was BF2 and last time I played that was maybe a year and a half ago.

Jo3f1sh

Registered
Inverted on everything...i have no idea why. Must have been all the Flight Simulator in the 90's that did it to me...

ratbuddy

Inverted on everything...i have no idea why. Must have been all the Flight Simulator in the 90's that did it to me...

Yeah, I think the first 3d thing I played was MSFS 3.0, and just got used to the whole 'down is up' thing.

kiltz

i wonder how many of the ones who voted no started playing fps on consoles. ever since the early days of being able to use the mouse in fps games (quake1) ive always used inverted. ive also noticed my friends that started playing fps on console all use un-inverted