• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Review sites are useless (not this one)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dribgnikcom

Registered
I am so sick of review sites with their stupid useless information. They rarely dig in to the product to find glitches.

Let me give you an example:

Nforce2 chipset. The IDE drivers that come along with 2.03 (No not the pulled ones) are crap. Won't let me flash my CDRW's firmware.

Man even VIA isn't this bad.

*sick of nforce*

Intel chipsets are the only stable and reliable chipsets and will always be. Everything else is crap.

OP
D

dribgnikcom

Registered
Heh. Just UNINSTALLED the Nvidia IDE drivers and now I get a higher Sandra score.

And the firmware flashes fine.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
Most review sites only have a few days to put out a review and this is not a review site it’s a forum so the people here have spent considerably more time on a product than the test sites do and its all real world results. As for Intel being the best chipset that’s not 100% true it all depends on what you are looking for in a chipset. A good rule of thumb is to never trust one place, go all over the web in and out of forums and test sites and use a consensus to make an educated (semi) pick.

speedy4500

My Abit NV7-133R with original nForce has been INSANELY stable and fast, easy to maintain. It won't crack at all. I think between that board and Win2kPro, it may be the most stable system I've ever had. On the other hand, I built an Intel 845E system for a friend which runs WinXPPro and is a piece of crap, I have to go trouble-shoot his computer at least once a week.