• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reviews forATI HDTV COMPONENT VIDEO ADAPTER

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvil82

Inositle

Great post dude! I just ordered one tuesday along with a 9800 pro, and I've been mad that nobody has any reviews of it or any pictures/comments. I hope that people here will post their experiences, I definitely will when it gets here tomorrow and I rock some Far Cry on 57" (And some good pics from my Rebel too) :)

Oh crap, I just looked at those two and the black one is for VGA even though Newegg says DVI. That's the one I bought and it only works with the 8500 :-(, I'll e-mail Newegg about their screwup and hope I can get the purple DVI one.

OP
anvil82

anvil82

Inositle said:
Oh crap, I just looked at those two and the black one is for VGA even though Newegg says DVI. That's the one I bought and it only works with the 8500 :-(, I'll e-mail Newegg about their screwup and hope I can get the purple DVI one.

Doh, I figured the higher product number would have been better, I didn't even notice it wasn't dvi.

Yeah it'd be great if you could post your experience.

Every "review" I read is 2+ years old for the 8500, with very old drivers.

Inositle

I just got a reply from newegg, and of course I recieved their great kindness and apology for the typo. He said that the description will be fixed by tomorrow. I won't have my adapter until at least Monday now, but I will definitely upload some shots. Feel free to request any certain game etc...

OP
anvil82

anvil82

What I want to really know, is can I output a movie or something to my tv, and use my monitor as my primary display, and surf the web, check email, etc.

I've read in the old reviews there may be overscan issues, but I couldn't care less because I could just adjust windvd to fit without being cutoff at all anyways.

Inositle

anvil82 said:
Can you review it now :D

Surely... Although school just started up and stuff, I'll try to write up a short review of it over the weekend. I'll be moving the computer back to the basement with the HDTV tomorrow for a LAN, so I'll take more pictures and whatever then.

Cisco Kid

I use the vga to component adapter in my HTPC with a Radeon 8500 128 DDR out to my Hitachi F500 46" widescreen HDTV. Works great but if you are interested for HDTV or running a DVB card as I am you will have lots of reading to do and you will want to use powerstrip with system as well.

When you outpu to HDTV's it is ALL about the timings the HDTV can accept to get the desired res you want. I am running 960x720 57hrz refresh rate and 720p.

I do not game on TV it is basically for TV. My bro uses the same adapter but he has a DVI version for his Radeon 9800 pro out to his Tosh 50" widescreen HDTV. Just make sure you buy the correct adapter for your card.

If you require links about and explaining all the timing issues pm me I will dig the links up

CK