• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reviews on the New Maze2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
Has anyone seen any reviews on the New Maze2? I just got my water rig up and running with the new style Maze2-1 but I haven't seen how it compares to the old block. Did anyone else get one of these? I really don't think they would put out a new block unless it was better.

I haven't seen a review, but the design makes much more sense to me. It would seem to keep the water in the block longer, thus allowing the water to pick up more heat.

I think I saw a review over at OCTOOLS.COM , head over there and check it out.
The design to me looks like it will help out most for those who are running pelts with high levels of heat being dumped off.

I emailed dangerden about the new waterblock, and they replied it only speeds waterflow, and doesnt lower temps too much.

My theory is the fater the water flows, the cooler the block stays, which in turn keeps the CPU cooler too. If the water flows faster, it won't soak up too much heat and will keep the components cooler. That's my theory and I'm stickng to it. Anyone object?

I agree. The object isn't to heat the water, but to cool the block. More water volume passing through the block in a given time is better. (Think of it like putting a Delta 38 on a SK6 vs a Sunon 26)

Tacoman667 (Jul 30, 2001 12:40 p.m.):
My theory is the fater the water flows, the cooler the block stays, which in turn keeps the CPU cooler too. If the water flows faster, it won't soak up too much heat and will keep the components cooler. That's my theory and I'm stickng to it. Anyone object?

Back