• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

revolutions on windows 98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ndnsoulja

Registered
hey, i re-installed windows 98 into my computer and now i can't change the revolution setting. and the colors are all messed up. can someone tell me what to do?...thanks

zabomb4163

trying going to system and telling it to search for your card's drivers

but i agree with ninthebin go to the company that made your card's web site and download the latest driver pack

TUK101

What video card are you trying to use? And dont you have a driver disc for it? If not you will most certainly need to dl the win 98 drivers off of the makers website. Once dl'ed you will most likely just have to run the exe. of the driver to install it and then win 98 will recognize it and it will restart you you should be fine. What is happening right now is that win 98 has installed standard vga drivers for your vid card and you are probably stuck on 8 color and 640X480 resolution.

timmyqwest

Disabled
Beast Of Blight said:
Its resolution, not revolution. x_X

could be a revolution...some day, the standard is 1024, maybe someday we'll...we'll reach like 100025xXXX now...that would be a resolution revolution

james.miller

ROFL.

there's a few things i can think of:

1) you have the wrong monitor drivers installed
2) you have the correct monitor drivers installed - i had a samsung that wouldnt let me change resolutions when its drivers where installed.
3) your graphics card drivers are fudged. try re-installing

juliendogg

timmyqwest said:

could be a revolution...some day, the standard is 1024, maybe someday we'll...we'll reach like 100025xXXX now...that would be a resolution revolution

lmao :D

my vote is for monitor/display driver problems. try uninstall and reinstall display drivers and check that your monitor is using correct driver, sometimes plug and play monitor drivers may cause these problems.

good luck

J.