• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rheostats...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DanFraser

Where can I order them online? Variable resistors, I am going to make one myself, and I am after 5V 100ohm ones...

Where can I get them?

Not had any luck there... If you know which one I am talking about, point me to it! I am good at working with electronics, but terrible with names and terms!

Not to try and undercut hoot, but I got a whole bunch of them from radioshack.com. Decent prices there, and a wide range of resistances. Go to a store to avoid shipping fees. I needed 50K,100K,500K, and 1M, so I needed some place that could accomodate. Depending on what you are trying to control(I assume fans), the rheostat should be around 3 to 4 times the resistance of the device. Let me know if you need the equations to figure it out.

Small problem, I should have mentioned this earlier... I am in the UK! DOH! Looks like I am ordering some from Hoot (cheers mate!)

Back