• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rings from monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calculusaurus

If you check my thread, you can see that I have been having monitor problems (unrelated to yours). In my search for an answer to my problem, I ran across a few descriptions of the issue you're having. I'm pretty sure that you're stuck with a defective monitor. No reason not to return it if it's still under warranty.

I'll search my browser history to try and fight the sites/guides/faqs that describe your problem.

12am

That is definately a sign of a monitor that is on it's last legs. I suggest rma'ing it if you can or going out and getting a new monitor before that one goes kaplooey!. (a word of caution, a monitor blowing fried my 9800Pro, so be safe and replace it before you end up spending more money than you have to! :) )

corebreach

Registered
I used to have a VS E90fb in good order, and at 1792x1344 (max res) it would make a high-pitched sound. But peroidically... thats different.

PCGUY112887

Mine would also make a high-pitched sound sometimes, I would just turn it off for a min and turn it back on and it would go away.

But if you can't get it to stop ringin time to RMA.