• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ritual for new case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ducttapedominic

Registered
what do you folks do when you get a new case in? do you have a set ritual in mind?

i know when im getting the antec SX1240 in this week, ill... dont know. need imput.

Monaco

the only thing I do to every case is cut out the fan guards. Usually they are several times thicker than they need to be, so I trim em down or cut em away completely. Makes a big improvement in airflow usually:D

DreamingWolf

Wheel Walker
Sacrifice several small childre..I mean animals, draw evi...I mean helpful symbols along the inner walls, chant tunes of destru...I mean tunes for change in the world.

You know, the typical when setting up a rig for OCing.

DWolf:cool:

(Actually I usually spend an afternoon showing it off to my kids and having milk and cookies with them as I bore them silly telling them in great detail exactly what is going into the case, where and why):D

palee72

I usually do a little prayer that what I put in there is going to work as expected, if not better. It never fails tho... no matter how I try, that dang floppy cable always gets turned around, along with the power LED plug... Those are easy fixes that I'm happy to deal with as long as everything else boots.... :)

Lugie

Registered
I've never gotten a case of my own. :(

I wish my parents were computer-hardware savvey... but not on that software side, or else it's just annoying. :)

Kid Payne

I got my new case from newegg a few days ago. I just left it sitting there on the living room table. It's a beauty! Now I have the side open and I just screwed in the mobo I bought from plizzo. Soon I'll be fingering through the mobo's manual I downloaded last night. I like to do it nice and slow you know :)

Disputant

Picks up 12 pack from the store, opens box and marvels at my new case in all its glory, then tries not to screw anything up.

The first time I toasted a computer was when I got my current case and the damned enermax ps had a loose wire, zap, upgrade time. All Antecs for me now.

Ugmore Baggage

You should always lap a new case.

1. open the box
2. open the case
3. sit down on the sofa
4. put the case on your lap
5. examine every nook and cranny, not so much for imperfections (although if you do your job right you should find a few) but to plan your wire-runs and their installation into this particular case.

Only after this ritual should get out the power tools -- or you may anger the gods of overclocking.

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
I do the "lapping" also, then I take it to the garage and cut out the fan grilles that are stamped into it. Vacuum it out well.

Once that's done, I like to marinate a chicken (in a bowl placed inside the case). BarBQue the chicken and build the computer after dinner.

Fear the power of the chicken!

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
After I bought the full tower for the first system in my sig, I used it as a stool at work for two months. It was the perfect height when it was in the box. Other than that, I drilled out the vent holes for the fans as soon as I brought it home, to make them bigger. I've been meaning to whip out the hole saw and drill out the holes for the fans and replace them with fan grills, but I haven't had the time. Other than that, I sacrificed a chicken, did a little voodoo dance/chant. All the normal stuff. :D