• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA a busted ATi card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathScyth_Hell

How do i RMA a busted Ati Card??...what do i have to do??...cant find the instructions online...

How long does it take to have my card returned???...

where did you buy it from?

theres usualy some options on the vendors web page. or you could email someone about it.

after they get their card back, and make sure its realy busted, and if its under warranty and all that, then you got ta wait for your new card

all in all, id say 1-2 weeks, minimum

"This form is designed to service Canadian and U.S. Retail customers seeking warranty service."

This is from the warranty service request form from the Ati website...but it says retail and i only bought the OEM, is it the same??

i believe that OEM cards are only guaranteed by the vendors and Ati will only allow retail rmas...

Go to the site where you bought it and click something that that says RMA, log in and it should have a list of what you have bought from them, pick the card and submit it, they will have to approve it and then when they contact you you can send it back. This of course is if you still have the OEM warranty.

I posted my problem a week ago....
i bought a ati radeon 8500 128mb, first week was perfect, after that week my monitor went fuzzy all the time, fuzzy as in not even able to see what im doin. I have to turn off my computer, restarted to get it back to work, but after a few minutes it happens again. I thought it was my monitor so i tested on my other 2 monitors, samething happens. Then someone told me that the nvidia drivers (I had a tnt2 before) might be conflicting with the Ati drivers, so i reformatted, samething happens. So it has to be the card.

I bought it at www.isquaredinc.com, and they say they only have 30 days warranty, which already passed. What can i do now??...$hit so i wasted 230 cdn for this card...@#$$%!!!!!!

I just read the terms and conditions at that vendor, basicly your out of luck, your only hope is to call them and find out who actually manufactured the card and ask them to allow you to RMA it to them,(if at all possible) at this vendor your out of the warranty period.

Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Product Return Policies:
Important: Please read the entire section below before filling out the RMA Request Form.

If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you may receive a prompt refund or an exchange, at your discretion, with the exceptions noted in RMA guidelines below. All returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Packages returned without an RMA number will not be accepted! An RMA number can be obtained through e-mail by filling out the RMA REQUEST FORM (see bottom of this page for the form's link).

All requests are processed within 24-48 hours (2 business days) of submission. Items must be returned to I Squared Inc. within fifteen (15) days from date the RMA number is issued. No RMA will be accepted thereafter without a 15% service fee. We ask you to please be patient as some returns can take time and on occasion mistakes are made, after all we are only human. Nonetheless, we will try our best to get you replacement parts as soon as possible.

RMA Guidelines:

We will respond via email with an RMA number and or further instruction. Incomplete or incorrect information will not be accepted and you will be asked to fill out the RMA Request form.
All RMA requests must be made within 30 days of the purchase date, listed on the invoice and on the order confirmation email. Thereafter products must be returned directly to the manufacturer unless otherwise noted in our description of the product to be returned.
Any and all non-defective returns are subject to a 15% or $20 restock fee, whichever is greater.
Return shipping and handling charges are not refundable or reimbursable by I Squared Inc. for any RMA and customer is responsible for all RMA shipping expenses (unless otherwise stated). They should be shipped to I Squared Inc. freight prepaid. COD shipments will not be accepted.
Removal of identification stickers, labels or stamps on the product itself voids all warranties.
Special order items may only be returned for a replacement of the same item. No Returns for Credit allowed.
Due to the volatility of the computer hardware market, there are absolutely no Returns for Credit on CDRWs, DVDRs, CDRoms, DVDRoms, Processors, Memory, and Software.
Complete Systems that have defective parts will be handled as a Return For Replacement for the defective part.
Packages should be insured for the total cost of the package. I Squared Inc will not replace products lost in shipping or those returned with physical damage. To help prevent physical damage during shipping, please package all items in an anti-static container, such as an anti-static bag, and with proper padding (i.e. packing peanuts, bubblewrap, foam, etc.), and in an appropriate container. Hard drives need to be packed in 2" of foam or in specialty hard drive packaging. Memory that has been shipped in an envelope will be refused and the warranty for the memory will be voided.
Note for Retail Items: Please do not use the Retail Box as the shipping container. Any retail item being returned should be in as new condition. Damaged packaging for retail items will result in a partial forfeiture of credit or in a restock fee. It is understood that the packaging might have been opened, which does not apply.
Return the RMA item in original manufacture packaging, securely wrapped or boxed for shipment, with the RMA number written clearly on the outside of the shipping package to the following address:

http://www.isquaredinc.com

i just called ati and they said i can RMA it even if its OEM...and im really close to the ATI headquarters here in Canada...so im still lucky i guess...

Back