• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA evga GTX670

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

I'm gonna have to RMA my trusty GTX670 I think. Been getting weird artificing when going full screen in game. I was wondering, what is evga sending out as replacements these days? Am I gonna get a referb 670, or something different?

Pics of artificing(has been occurring for roughly a year, with more frequent occurrence, resolved by disconnecting the display and reconnecting)

Attachments

• 1464659644569.jpg
    1464659644569.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 1464659655698.jpg
    1464659655698.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 147

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Changed the display cable?
Does it persist on a different port on the GPU and monitor?

Joe88

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/
Is it still in the warranty 3 year period?
As far as I know, they attempt to fix your card, if its deemed unfixable, they send back a used factory refurb card back.
I have heard stories about companies upgrading users cards to the next generation but this was mainly for XFX.

OP
Bluefalcon13

Bluefalcon13

Update. Explained what was going on to evga. RMA approved. They are sending a GTX 780 SC w/ ACX cooler. Paid the deposit for a cross ship.

As far as upgrades, this would be the second time evga has upgraded me. First was a 7900gt -> 8800gts. Eva's policy is 'never downgrade, same product or product of better performance'. So if they have your card in stock in the RMA department, they test it and if it passes they send you the same card. If not they follow their own charts which show which cards are equal/better than the customer's card. To be honest, the only reason I am going to get an upgrade is cause the 670 is older, and I guess they cleaned out the stock of em in the RMA department.

OP
Bluefalcon13

Bluefalcon13

Yup. Does come with a drawback though.... card is 1 inch longer. Right now my outlet from my D5 pump is touching the back of my shorter card... gonna have to figure something out for that.

ATMINSIDE

IIRC a few angled fittings would help you out.

Worst case, replace the pump.
There are plenty of good pumps with a smaller footprint and better inkjet/outlet positions.

OP
Bluefalcon13

Bluefalcon13

The plan is to replace it. Right now I should be able to reposition it a bit. Eventually I'll be moving to 3/8 ID tubing and an MCP50X pump. Right now I have a stock D5 top.

ATMINSIDE

The plan is to replace it. Right now I should be able to reposition it a bit. Eventually I'll be moving to 3/8 ID tubing and an MCP50X pump. Right now I have a stock D5 top.

The Swiftech MCP50X is awesome!

...or you could keep your printer outside the case like the rest of us.... :D

Darned autocorrect! Post went from pumps to printers while eating at Jimmy John's earlier LOL.

wingman99

I'm gonna have to RMA my trusty GTX670 I think. Been getting weird artificing when going full screen in game. I was wondering, what is evga sending out as replacements these days? Am I gonna get a referb 670, or something different?

Pics of artificing(has been occurring for roughly a year, with more frequent occurrence, resolved by disconnecting the display and reconnecting)

I had that problem it was my old display.

ATMINSIDE

If other devices are working properly on the monitor you can rule it out.