• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

So my trusty TCCD patriot bclk ddr 512x2 pooped last week :cry: and I sent it in for RMA a few days ago. I got an email today saying they can replace it with a patriot 1GB PSD1G400H. Checking up with the specs its a CL3 and no where near the performance as my old ram. Is this the only option I can take?

Oh shoot I just realize this is the wrong place to post this! can mod move it to the correct forum

JamesXP

Epic Fail Guy
Well they probably don't make TCCD chips anymore, you could try and see if they have any old stocks but I highly doubt it, I'd atleast ask them to give you two ram sticks for dual channel goodness xD

muddocktor

Retired
Yeah, tell them that you sent in 2 sticks of ram and need to have 2 sticks returned. And that you paid a big damn premium for low Cas ram, so either cough up a 2 X 1gig kit or something of similar ram timings.

OP
adriana

adriana

Yeah, tell them that you sent in 2 sticks of ram and need to have 2 sticks returned. And that you paid a big damn premium for low Cas ram, so either cough up a 2 X 1gig kit or something of similar ram timings.

thats exactly what i told them. its been three days no response :argue: