• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA video card, through Newegg or manufacturer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I want to return my Gainward GF4 Ti4200 for either a new one or get a refund..... I bought it from newegg.com, they will only let me do an "RMA Repair". Is that my only option? Or should I go directley through Gainward?

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
gingo said:
I want to return my Gainward GF4 Ti4200 for either a new one or get a refund..... I bought it from newegg.com, they will only let me do an "RMA Repair". Is that my only option? Or should I go directley through Gainward?

Chances are either way you'll get a 'repaired' ot refurb card back, i'd say go with Newegg if possible, as you will recieve the replacement much quicker.

OP
gingo

gingo

bah.... To bad I cant get my money back, maybe I'll just keep it and use it for what its worth, then sell it later on for $$$ towards a new vid card (9700, or nvidias new card).

OP
gingo

gingo

Well, for a golden sample, the thing wont OC worth a damn. 290 if as far as I can go on the core without 3DMark crashing. Most people with this same card say they can reach 300 easily. Also, memory will only go to 550 without 3DMark crashing. Others seem to be able to get close to 600.

Lithan

Disabled
Jesus. What the hell is wrong with you people. Unless the seller guarentees that the card will overclock to a certain point you have no right RMA'ing it. I'd be amazed if the manufacturer even replaced the card. I know alot who would just ship it back to you at your own expense.

OP
gingo

gingo

I dont really care... I thought it was gonna be a good OCer.

Gainward doesn't slap a big GOLDEN SAMPLE sticker on the box and include an OCing utility on the driver CD for nothing.... But I am going to keep it, I'm not going to RMA it. It is working fine for the time being.

DipStickTony

Thats nice that you dont care but what about poor newegg who now has to deal with the card that works PERFECTLY fine. Try to be a little less selfish and think what they are going to have to go through, which is most likely selling the card as refurbished at a loss.

Also ALOT of videocards (and mobos for that matter) now have software overclocking features that come with them.

There is NO GUARANTEE about how the card overclocks so go ahead and complain but dont try and screw other people over your misfortune. (Just me getting angry over unethical practices :) :) ) Nothing against you personally or anything.

Im sure you really dont care about my opinion but Im glad to see that your keeping it since there is nothing at all wrong with it.

OP
gingo

gingo

DipStickTony said:
yeah I wouldnt have told them you rma'd just because it didnt o/c well, there is a whole angry mob that rallies against people like you, run while you can :) hehe

Thats what I didn't really care about.

And I dont know if you read it correctley, but no actual RMAing occured!

And I realize that it is not right to RMA it b/c of this reason... I guess I am just a little angry and frusterated about it...

But I am going to live with it.

Akumu X

odd...
I'm RMAing my 'old' Gainward GF4 Ti4200 that often made love to the pink screen. Gainward wouldn't return a SINGLE e-mail :mad:

So...newegg said they'd REPLACE it with a new same card. ::Shrugs:: fine by me.

god bless newegg :D

(I thanked them with $1200 order recently) gonna be ordering more once I get done building my 2nd computer and hocking it. *ahem* 333 2600+ :p

::shuts up now::

funnyperson1

gingo said:

Thats what I didn't really care about.

And I dont know if you read it correctley, but no actual RMAing occured!

And I realize that it is not right to RMA it b/c of this reason... I guess I am just a little angry and frusterated about it...

But I am going to live with it.

good decision :)

Lithan

Disabled
Hell just sell it on ebay and buy another if it's that important to you. You'll take maybe a 10 or 20$ loss.

... MUST... STOP... WATCHING... TONY'S.... AVATAR...

ooooo ugggggg droool boobyweenie

Maxvla

Lithan said:
Hell just sell it on ebay and buy another if it's that important to you. You'll take maybe a 10 or 20$ loss.

... MUST... STOP... WATCHING... TONY'S.... AVATAR...

ooooo ugggggg droool boobyweenie
or he'll make a gain. AZN sold his ti4200 on ebay for 20 bucks more than he paid for it. dumb ebayers. :rolleyes:

and i agree with you on the tony's avatar situation. :D

Lithan

Disabled
Yeah someone could make a killing buying tons of stuff off newegg (or even better grab all their dirt cheap refurbs) and reselling it for a gain on ebay. Of course if they suddenly started selling alot more video cards/cpus/etc, they would probably see an opportunity and raise their prices on those parts. Hmm. Damn.

baqai

gingo said:
Well, for a golden sample, the thing wont OC worth a damn. 290 if as far as I can go on the core without 3DMark crashing. Most people with this same card say they can reach 300 easily. Also, memory will only go to 550 without 3DMark crashing. Others seem to be able to get close to 600.

I strongly suggest you take a look at here

You have no right to RMA a product just coz its not OC'ing the way you thought it would that's just too lame (IMO) there are many factors involved when it comes to OC and luck is one of them :)

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
baqai said:
just out of curosity (sp?) why do you want your card to be RMA ?

I was under the impression his card was broken, had I known the reason was due to poor overclockability my answer would have been different ;)

baqai

Yeah Silver RMA a product coz its not OC'ing is lame IMO, i had this feeling so i asked, this is a job for OEM lol .. now c'mon where are you James :D

btw i just noticed tony's avatar :eek: :D

UnWishedLegacy

I know the things almost over and done with now (as Gingo said he wasn't gonna RMA after all) but one of the first things I learned was that every part is different, even two video acrds from the same batch are made differently- with indivdual flaws and problems, so you should NEVER expect the same results from same cards, Baqai is also right- luck is also a major factor.

Did you see the thread where some guy got a HUGE overclock of a friends cheap&nasty Dell processor, if HE bought the same PC from Dell and tried to clock it- he probably wont get anywhere near the same amount of speed as his friends did.

But I'm glad you decided not to RMA it- even if it was only a RMA Repair.