• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rocketfish + Lian-Li 5.25" bay fan + 2x 4850 w/ S1 Rev. 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
I've got one of the (famous? notorious? no-adjective-necessary?) Rocketfish cases from Best Buy. I've replaced the case fans with low-speed Yate Loons.

Top back and side fans are exhaust. Front bottom fan is intake. The fan on the Ultra 120 Extreme is mounted on the side facing the back of the case, and pulls air through the sink towards the case fan.

I have two S1 Rev 2 sinks, a second 4850, and a Lian-Li 3x5.25"-bay 120mm fan thing coming Thursday. The S1 Rev. 2 instructions recommend case exhaust pressure higher than intake, so that air can be pulled in through the slot covers which the S1 will be behind. Would it make a noticable difference in temps to switch the bottom front case fan to exhaust, so that the whole bottom section of the case moves in from back, and out from side and front, and make the 5.25" bay fan intake, so the top is completely front-to-back over the CPU, or will the air flow mix up too much in the case anyway for two seperate "flows" to work?

Leave the lower front fan as intake, otherwise you will have no intake whatsoever if I understand you correctly. As it is now, you already have more exhaust than intake. I would simply add the drive bay fan as an additional intake. You should be fine. On another note, you may want to try moving your fan on the TRUE to the other side so it pushes thru the heatsink, that is typically a better configuration.

Back