• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rocking after bleeding causes pump noise & can I add Mayhems concentrate after?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rockmaninoff

Rocking after bleeding causes pump noise & can I add Mayhems concentrate after?

Hi everyone, I successfully filled my loop and let it run overnight. This morning I observed no leaks and the pump was nearly silent after being quite noisy while filling (which as I understand it is due to air in the loop). So it sounds like it bled out the air successfully. This morning there were a lot of small "micro" bubbles in the res, a small bubble in my CPU block, but other than that most of the air seems to be out of the loop.

Just to be sure, I rocked the case a bit back and forth, which immediately caused my pump to start making noise again. Not a ton, but it definitely wasn't as silent. After about 20-30 minutes it had quieted down again.

Do I have a problem here? Is air getting in to the system from somewhere? I saw no leaks and no water around any components/fittings or on any of the paper towels.

Also, I purchased Mayhems concentrate to use with the system. Could I add this through my res now that the loop is full? Or should I drain the loop and then add pre-mixed fluid?

FWIW, this is my first water-cooled build. Thanks!

There was just a bubble in your loop is all.

We never recommend adding dye to your system as it tends to clog the blocks.

Back