• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Room smelled like smoke

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Media

So, I stepped out for a few min.. upon entering, my room smelt like smoke. I look, my rig is off.. :eek: I check the insides, I see nothing wrong. Motherboard LEDs are lit, so, I crossed my fingers and hit the power button. I heard a click, but nothing. I ended up removing my ASUS R9 290 DirectCU II, I hit the button and everything turned on and all is working smooth. I inspected the card, I see a little smoke but def a harsh smell of smoke from one specific part of the card. Well, this sucks lol I guess this gives me the chance to get something newer. This sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that happened. :(

This isn't allowed here... at least in this section. If you want to sell this site broken card, do so in the Classifieds section where it is allowed. Please refer to the forum and classified rules. :)

Removed 'selling'.

Well, there was nothing noticeable on the card. Just at once specific area, looked a little.. dusty.. but either way. No pics, the card is sold :D

Was this card watercooled? Was it VRM that failed or something else? Just curious since I own one of these cards that had black screen issues before I put it under water.

Back