• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[email protected] on ARM-based single-board computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Has anybody dabbled in this? I've seen from threads that there is a version of BOINC for Linux on ARM. [email protected] and [email protected] are projects that people can run, but I can't find any information on running [email protected] Obviously the 1st gen Raspberry Pi would be a waste of resources to do distributed computing on, but the Pi 2 and Pi 3 have much more powerful quad-core ARM7 chips relative to the first Pi's anemic CPU. With the minimal power draw of these single-board computers perhaps it might be worthwhile getting them to do distributed computing while they're sitting idle on the network. Has anybody on our team tried?

OP
benbaked

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Based on what I've seen from searching the Rosey client is only available in BOINC for Android. I tried it on my Android phone while plugged in and screen off but it doesn't appear to be getting any tasks after a week of running. Can anyone else confirm? I have some Pi 2s arriving soon, I'll try installing Android on those and give them a shot, maybe I'll have a better success with them.