• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosewill Quark 1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

I am looking for a new PSU for my build, will be OC'ing an FX 8350 and SLI GTX 780 Ti's all under water. I think I could squeeze by with a 1000W unit but prefer the extra headroom so that's why I was thinking 1200W would be better. I have usually only used EVGA and had no copmplaints, but this unit has an extra 20% off now, not many reviews but the ones it has are good. Is this a decent unit for the $$?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182354

Thanks for the help guys

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I don't see a need for 1.2kw psu for ambient overclocking.

I'd grab an evga supernova g2 1kw for less than that rosewill and likely better quality.

If you want to know if that psu you mentioned is good, look up some reviews from jonnyguru, tpu, and other REPUTABLE reviewers.

OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

Earthdog, you think a 1000W would handle it? I have a 650 G2 and it's awesome was looking at the 1000W unit before.......

ATMINSIDE said he had this CPU pushed up there and the SLI 780 Ti's take some juice as well......

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I didn't suggest it because it wouldn't work! :p

So long as you are not modifying the bios on those 780ti's and sticking to ambient cooling while overclocking. It will be fine.

Edit: looked up a review on that rosewill and it's solid, but not as good as the g2 series. ;)

OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

I didn't suggest it because it wouldn't work! :p

So long as you are not modifying the bios on those 780ti's and sticking to ambient cooling while overclocking. It will be fine.

Edit: looked up a review on that rosewill and it's solid, but not as good as the g2 series. ;)

Will be running a custom loop and I can make no promises about the BIOS what's the fun if you're not tweaking things :D

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Water is still ambient. :)

If you are going to mod the bios and push the limits, get the 1200/1300w supernova g2. Same price as that rosewill, better quality. But you are REALLY going to push everything to eclipse 1000w. With normal overclocking, you won't break 750w.

OP
Evil-Mobo

Evil-Mobo

Water is still ambient. :)

If you are going to mod the bios and push the limits, get the 1200/1300w supernova g2. Same price as that rosewill, better quality. But you are REALLY going to push everything to eclipse 1000w. With normal overclocking, you won't break 750w.

Ok I'll save some cash then and go with a 1000W unit thanks for the heads up :thup: