• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTX 2060 rumors building?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

It's a bit less performance for a bit less price. A simplistic analysis into value like this will tend to skew away from higher end cards anyway. Also to my understanding they only announced the FE as $349, implication being there may eventually be cheaper non-FE cards, as well as expensive higher end ones.

Rumours are still ongoing about the 3/4GB models which haven't been announced.

OP
diaz

diaz

I'm still waiting to see how DLSS looks on my RTX 2070. I figure the BFV patch may be pushed around the time that nV releases the new drivers on the 15th. Either way its going to be interesting to try out, especially when display port adaptive sync becomes a possibility with nV cards. Yes it is currently narrowed to some 15 monitors, but Jensen said they will include a "manual setting" for monitors who do not pass their own testing.

Alaric

Didn’t want to make a new thread for this now it isn’t a rumour.

My question is (now that we know the specs at least) do you guys think that the rtx2060 is actually too powerful for its price? It seems to be really hitting upon the 2070’s territory or have I got that wrong?

Looking at the raw specs and not the performance you seem to get 85% of the “performance” for 70% of the price. Of course the extra 2GB of ram the 2070 has will make a big difference in some games but as far as the ray tracing goes there isn’t much in it on paper.

Or shall I just be really cynical and expect the 2070ti to be right around the corner?

Either way for me it is still an expensive card for what is meant to be mid range. $350 for something mid range is getting a bit pricey. Would have been better for me at least, to see an msrp of $250 but it’s pricing is inline with the other rtx cards.

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 X370
Ryzen 5 1600
16GB Corsair ram
Gtx1060

Sent from my iPhone

It's only "mid range" in Nvidia'a skewed pricing world, or if you're on a 4k or multiple displays. As long as I don't upgrade my display I'll be happy with my 1070 for a long time to come. LOL

wingman99

My RTX 2070 with the BF V update does well 60+FPS I just can't tell what is DXR when I switch on and off. The RTX 2060 should do fine.

Kenrou

My RTX 2070 with the BF V update does well 60+FPS I just can't tell what is DXR when I switch on and off. The RTX 2060 should do fine.

Seem to remember reading something about DXR being on 2070 and above only ? when was this changed (or am i going senile) ?

BTW, nice scores :

Alaric

Just watched that video. Makes me glad I didn't go on a 2 month bean diet for a 1080. (Especially since my 1070 gets close enough to 1080 performance on my display to have made it pointless)

DaveB

Didn’t want to make a new thread for this now it isn’t a rumour.

My question is (now that we know the specs at least) do you guys think that the rtx2060 is actually too powerful for its price? It seems to be really hitting upon the 2070’s territory or have I got that wrong?

It's actually performing somewhere between the 1070 and 1070 Ti, which is just about right.