• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running 50c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

so my mobo keeps beeping, but i dont know why, it couldnt be heat, cause my asus probe is telling me im running at 40c, not the best, but no need for alarm. so i reboot, looking around in my bios, go to hardware whatever, and my bios is telling me im running 50c. alarm. but im not overclocking, not running prime95 for 5 days straight while playing games, and its not hot outside, so why am i running so damn hot?!

ManOman

Dusty inside maybe? Check the fins on your heatsink just to make sure you don't have any dust bunnies stuck between them

Welcome to the Forums :)

daigster

Registered
Perhaps your bios is detecting a dying fan.

Any other fans plugged into the mobo headers?

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
Therea re a few possibilities,

What Heatsink are you using?

The heatsink could not be seated properly.

The temperature probes could be off. 50 C is not really even much cause for alarm if youa re using the stock AMD/Intel proc.

taht brings me to another question.

What processor do you have?

If it is pally those tempsa re alright

OP
AlucardCasull

AlucardCasull

xp 2600+ volcano 7+ a7n8x 512 2700 crucial xaser III sparkle 350w

also im going to re-set it, and if lapping materials are cheap, ill do that too

Excelsior

KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!! KITTENS!!!
Yes lapping materials are cheap.

I recently purchase a heatsink lapping kit from David Brown from hardforums. He is making them for sale. I am going to do a review on another kit i bought from him. The kits are 4 dollars with glass and like 6 dollars without glass i believe. I highly recommend him and email him at [email protected] . (no i am not spamming for him or anything he just put to gether a [email protected] nice kit at a [email protected] nice price)

Try to re set it and make sure to use a nice even layer of thermal paste