• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running 50c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

so my mobo keeps beeping, but i dont know why, it couldnt be heat, cause my asus probe is telling me im running at 40c, not the best, but no need for alarm. so i reboot, looking around in my bios, go to hardware whatever, and my bios is telling me im running 50c. alarm. but im not overclocking, not running prime95 for 5 days straight while playing games, and its not hot outside, so why am i running so damn hot?!

Dusty inside maybe? Check the fins on your heatsink just to make sure you don't have any dust bunnies stuck between them

Welcome to the Forums :)

Perhaps your bios is detecting a dying fan.

Any other fans plugged into the mobo headers?

Therea re a few possibilities,

What Heatsink are you using?

The heatsink could not be seated properly.

The temperature probes could be off. 50 C is not really even much cause for alarm if youa re using the stock AMD/Intel proc.

taht brings me to another question.

What processor do you have?

If it is pally those tempsa re alright

xp 2600+ volcano 7+ a7n8x 512 2700 crucial xaser III sparkle 350w

also im going to re-set it, and if lapping materials are cheap, ill do that too

Yes lapping materials are cheap.

I recently purchase a heatsink lapping kit from David Brown from hardforums. He is making them for sale. I am going to do a review on another kit i bought from him. The kits are 4 dollars with glass and like 6 dollars without glass i believe. I highly recommend him and email him at [email protected] . (no i am not spamming for him or anything he just put to gether a D@mn nice kit at a d@mn nice price)

Try to re set it and make sure to use a nice even layer of thermal paste

Back