• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running cd's from HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
I have decided to start moving my CD to my harddrive and creating images of them. I am using this program to create the ISOs. Then I am using this program to create my virtual cd drives. For some reason though I can not play the games. Specificaly C&C Generals Zero hour. But Also BF2 tells me to insert CD. I have tried reinstalling both of these games from the virtual cd drives (I did reinstall C&C Generals then the expansion) but still nothing. Will not work, tells me to please insert the cd. Can anyone help me please.

>HyperlogiK<

use the free trial version of alcohol 120% to create the images, create *.mdf images rather than *.iso, and make sure in the options you enable RPMS emulation, safedisk emulation and securom emulation (in advanced setting i think) and when you image the disc select the profile that corresponds the protection on the disc, and then download daemon tools 4.0 to create the virtual drives. I'm pretty sure zero hour uses safedisk 2 or 3. If this still doesn't work download safedisk hider 4 and run that too.

OP
Shelnutt2

Shelnutt2

Thank You. I used alcohol120% trial and Demon 4. It works now :cool:

castroman

>HyperlogiK< said:
use the free trial version of alcohol 120% to create the images, create *.mdf images rather than *.iso, and make sure in the options you enable RPMS emulation, safedisk emulation and securom emulation (in advanced setting i think) and when you image the disc select the profile that corresponds the protection on the disc, and then download daemon tools 4.0 to create the virtual drives. I'm pretty sure zero hour uses safedisk 2 or 3. If this still doesn't work download safedisk hider 4 and run that too.

Thats what i was gonna reccomend to cause i also use Alcohol 120%

>HyperlogiK<

yeah i find alcohol has trouble mounting some new images though, i bought a battlefield 2 serial from ebay and imaged a freind's disk and alcohol didn't like it (maybe next version will) so i now use daemon tools as well.

Mr.Guvernment

they have issue because of new copy protection they put into place - since we are not supposed to be able to bypass them :)

>HyperlogiK<

this isn't really a bypass of the protection, merely a bypass of it's function, the safedisc code still runs and it isn't cracked, there is just a nice little emulation program to pretend your cd is in your computer rather than the box.

OP
Shelnutt2

Shelnutt2

>HyperlogiK< said:
this isn't really a bypass of the protection, merely a bypass of it's function, the safedisc code still runs and it isn't cracked, there is just a nice little emulation program to pretend your cd is in your computer rather than the box.

Good explenation.