• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running Crysis at 1680*1050

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HHughes

Registered
Dear OC Experts,

Thought I'd start formally. I was wondering what your experiences of Crysis were at 1680*1050 resolution. I have the following hardware configuration:

9800 GX2
X6800
4GB OCZ Flex XLC
Maximus Formula
2 X 150 GB Raptors Raid O

What kind of setting would you use for the best eye candy for a solid fps? What is a good av. fps to aim for (I realise I won't be hitting 60 fps =p)? The more detailed the settings the better ;)

Thanks for all your help!!

HHughes

redrumy3

Dear OC Experts,

Thought I'd start formally. I was wondering what your experiences of Crysis were at 1680*1050 resolution. I have the following hardware configuration:

9800 GX2
X6800
4GB OCZ Flex XLC
Maximus Formula
2 X 150 GB Raptors Raid O

What kind of setting would you use for the best eye candy for a solid fps? What is a good av. fps to aim for (I realise I won't be hitting 60 fps =p)? The more detailed the settings the better ;)

Thanks for all your help!!

HHughes

should hit around 30-40 on very high with no aa/af i would assume :)

Dak9767

I ran Crysis at 1680x1050 on high with no AA/AF with rig in my sig except at the time I was running a 5200+ @3Ghz. Not sure of the exact fps but it ran smooth. So it should run well for your rig.

Roofles

Yeah even at low FPS Crysis does a good job of masking low framerates with motion blur and other little tweaks. I played through on all high with my 8800GTS and a Quad. [at 16x10]

OP
HHughes

HHughes

Registered
That's great. Thanks for the advice.

I''l be sure to check out the Natural Mod. Heard great things =)

technoViking

On my system in my signtuare, I get 18 fps in action with everything maxed out (in dx9) @ that res1680x1050,
when I'm not moving I get 27 fps average.

OP
HHughes

HHughes

Registered
Thanks for the advice. So I'll aim for high settings. Are there any settings that could be taken to medium to get some extra fps without harming the visuals too much?

mrbobc

when i got my card in my sig i played the demo on v.high settings @1680/1050 just to see and surprisingly i could play it! ok, there was lag but no choppiness, if that makes sense. i could run around and during the fight sequence in the camp when the jeep comes and it didnt break down or pause or lose frames..., it just played slow! but could be played!

that with the drivers it came with and no oc! unfortunately ever since ive upgraded the drivers its ran pretty poo and i havent been able to play it on v.high again!

mind u i added a snow mod and it killed my card!!!:screwy:

i say if its playable to you maxed out then play it! you should do alot better than me but id be happy playing it through with what i got from it first time out!

Pntgrd

I played it with the system in my sig at 1680x1050 on High in DX9 with the Natural Mod with some Very High tweaks and a couple of performance tweaks. FPS was mainly in the 30's and 40's and very playable.

Douken

Best exp I've had is Crysis + Natural Mod 2, it gives more realistic graphics+fps boost.

yomny

Guys quick question, i wanted to know if i should run crysis with the automatic detected optimal settings or if i should set my own settings and also where or how do i see how may FPS's im getting. thank you.. oh why isn't my signature showing i just had to copy and paste the info below

Nvidia 780i
Intel Q6600
BGF MaXcore 260 gtx
3GB G.Skill ddr800
WD Caviar Black 1Tb HDD

Last edited:

slb785

I never use optimal settings, they always are too low for what my hardware can handle. Crysis sets my settings to high when i average over 40fps in the benchmark on very high

Your best bet is to mess around changing settings as you try em out. see what is accpetable for everything in terms of eye candy. your best bet for most improvment ingame is to turn shaders down a notch. they usually take up the most power from your GPU(s)

yomny

When I'm in the game settings I don't have the option to set AA any higher than 8 and the resolution can't go higher than 1600x1024 and my monitor supports a 1680x1050 also I can't set the settings on very high they are greyed out I can't select it could this have anything to do with my settings in the video cards control panel

Last edited: