• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RX 480 memory issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dravenspur

So I bought an MSI RX 480 8G, and I am really enjoying it. It is really silent...with the FD Arc Mini R2 case fans, I can't tell the computer is on except that there is something on the monitor (case fans are quiet, too). However, I have a question. I'm using System Requirements Lab to check if my new system can run the latest games ( Witcher 3 in particular), and it says I can, but my VRAM is messed up somehow. In my Radeon settings, it shows I have 8192 MB of VRAM; however, when I test my system, System Requirements Lab says I only have 4096 MB of VRAM. Which do you guys think is correct? I guess it doesn't matter as long as I can run the latest(ish) games, and I'll probably end up buying Vega whenever it comes out next year (the chip that's actually supposed to compete with the GTX 1070 and 1080), but I appreciate an opinion.

Alaric

I had the same issue with CPU-Z. Dual channel VRAM. SRL is showing one channel at a time while Radeon Settings is showing the whole capacity. Two 4 GB channels = 8 GB VRAM. At least that's the conclusion I came to. :)