• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RX 500 series

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mackerel

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11278/amd-radeon-rx-580-rx-570-review

Slightly faster than corresponding RX 400 series, but slightly higher power consumption also. Not had a good chance to see if there is any initial availability yet.

Debating getting a RTG card for my Ryzen rig to keep it all red, would one of these do as placeholder or hold out for Vega? I don't "need" high performance so I might be answering my own question there... or maybe look for a RX 480 bargain once the 580's are widespread?

OP
mackerel

mackerel

I did have a quick look, and spotted only MSI cards (4 and 8 GB) at one supplier. I didn't compare pricing against 400 series so no idea if they were any good or not.

Alaric

8 GB 480s can be had for the same price at newegg. I can't see a reason not to pick the 580 if they're the same price. The 570s seem to be following suit, it looks like the 500 series cards can be had for the same prices as the 400 series. The 4 GB 580s are $200, but for $20 I'd lean towards the 8 GB cards.