• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rx 7xxx speculation and information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
I was looking forward to the Rx 7000 series GPU but information (other than the early November date) is hard to come by. Figured we could use a thread related to the subject.

I really want some information. Mainly about price, size, power usage and heat production.

Do we know anything?

I only know it will be released in Nov.
Since it's a speculation thread, then I assume that prices will be adjusted to Nvidia at the same or slightly higher performance. AMD has been doing that for years. The same with CPUs and GPUs. When they noticed that they were beating Intel, then prices went up.

I'm having new PC built. I spoke to the guy putting it together said the RDNA3 presentation slides showed the cards as having a 50 to 70% increase compared the last generation...Bloody hell!!!

I think those Hardware Unboxed guys are being over-dramatic. If you look at CoD Modern Warfare 2 ray-tracing the XTX is faster than the 4080. where as nVidia cards are faster in Cyberpunk. More than ever it depends on what application you plan on using. See if it is optimised or favours one architecture over the other. It's why I stuck with 5800X3D, it wipes the floor with all comers from Intel & the new AMD Ryzen 7xxxX in MS Flight Sim 2020. FS2020 is DrectX 11 and doesn't really use more than four cores but seems to love 3D V-cache. If and when they come out with a 7600X3D that will probably eliipse the 5800X3D. 5800X3D runs the 6900 XT at 100% utilisation in 1080P ultra with the TV running in 120Hz mode...Pick the architecture that the runs the app well...

Last edited:
I think those Hardware Unboxed guys are being over-dramatic. If you look at CoD Modern Warfare 2 ray-tracing the XTX is faster than the 4090. where as nVidia cards are faster in Cyberpunk. More than ever it depends on what application you plan on using.

If it optimised or favours one architecture over the other. It why stuck with 5800X3D it wipes the floor with alll comers from Intel & the new AMD Ryzen 7xxxX if MS Flight Sim 2020. FS2020 is DrectX 11 and doesn't really use more than four cores but seems to love 3D V-cache. If and when they come out with a 7600X3D that will probably eliipse the 5800X3D. 5800X3D runs the 6900 XT at 100% utilisation in 1080P ultra with the TV running in 120Hz mode...Pick the architecture that the app runs well ..

I agree, but overall I think the point of their video is that the XT [not XTX] is poor value for the dollar considering the cost difference.

In the UK right now 6900 XT £690 (850 USD), the 7900 XT £900 & 7900 XTX £1049, RTX 4080 £1185.00 including taxes & shipping. They are all bad value... I bought my 7970 Giga Hertz Edition for £500 and the GTX 680 wasn't much off that much more. I know inflation has spiked but it has not doubled prices.

Edited out political commentary... see forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
7970 was released a DECADE and several generations ago, my man. How can we compare that to today's prices?? But if you're on about loosely related things..........the 8800GTX Ultra was $829 upon release in 2007.

Also, I deleted your political diatribe.... no more of that, please.

I don't really look back too much on things like this. While it's nice to know the prices are what they are today. Looking back to the good old days angers us at where we are, lol. I'd like to think I'm not a masochist, lol.

Back