• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RX Vega misses the mark???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtallanddopey

Benchmark released online

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-radeon-r...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

nearly as fast as a gtx 1080 but for what seems like a similar price, maybe a little less.

I think if the price was much lower, maybe 30% less than the 1080 it would sell really well. But the 1080 is now getting on at 8 months old i believe and the vega cannot beat it, it seems.

Obviously things can change, drivers may improve, prices may move and this could be a fake benchmark.

But this may point to another Miss from AMD in the graphics card department? Possibly.

I'm sure drivers will improve the performance. Give it 8 months and we will see. And keep in mind that the miners have temporarily driven up gpu prices in general.

We still dont know the price but if they can push this around $399 that will be pretty good. There is also different varriants of the vega so we will see where they fall.

You may see a reference $400 air cooled xtx.. the water cooling version will fetch $500.

(My guess)

The article was suggesting $600 not that I overly trust pcgamer, but to me that seems a little high. Only a week to go till more information anyway

May be to little to late. NV already giving away Volta boards to AI researchers. Guessing they also got an NDA with them, would love to see some numbers.

If you do work on quadros/compute, sure. Otherwise, not sure we want to see those results as we dont care much about vega fe either... its not for gaming.

Back