• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3 1300X voltages and heat.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh I did forget to mention I got it for $38.99 on new egg open box. I also ordered the mount kit from CM for $6.99 so all in all $45.98 for a HS that is still $91.00 and higher, not bad I would say.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...apor+Chamber+and+8+Heatpipes+&N=-1&isNodeId=1

The Cooler Master V8 GTS - High Performance CPU Cooler with Horizontal Vapor Chamber and 8 Heatpipes from what I read and seen is a fantastic cooler the biggest draw backs are price and the size.
Most users where shocked and could not use the thing because it covered up the PCI-E video card slot or they couldn't put there side panel on or use side fans with side panel.
Those are the only things I head as for cooling it is really quit good in fact on par with the pre-built water coolers.

Besides how can I pass on putting Optimus Primes Head on my CPU?

Its not bad for what you paid for it. Here is what a review had to say about it...

Bah humbug. Even after the hassle of mounting this beast, I had high hopes for its cooling prowess. Alas, it is merely good instead of great.At stock speeds, it cools well and doesn't make much noise at all if you slow the fans down a bit. The real rub comes when you start overclocking and the much-hyped vapor chamber obviously works fairly well, but this is no water-cooling killer or even an all-in-one water cooler killer when compared to 240mm radiator-equipped solutions.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cooler_master_v8_gts/4.htm

There are very few if any real comprehensive cooler Reviews out there in fact I can not find one really good review other than the one you posted. Not that it is a "Bad review" it is just ONE review and quite frankly I am skeptical of just one simple review.
I will find out though for sure and I can hardly wait! It should cool the FX 8300 a bit better than the H7 Quad Lumi and the Quad Lumi should be better than that small POS wrath stock cooler! That is MY hope at least.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...cooler-master-v8-gts-cpu-cooler-review-8.html

Most reviews are about the same is isn't a "BAD" cooler it is nice and will do a very good job as I read.

Last edited:
Like I said I have one, it's old but the design doesn't look as if it has changed a whole lot. The asthetics are a bit different, more agressive looking but the innards look the same. If I were paying $90 for a cooler which I know you're not, it would be Noctua D-15 hands down. Thwy are one awesome air cooler

I would never and have never paid 90 bucks for air cooling. like I said can't wait to see it installed. Heck the looks alone got me. as for cooling yeah it's not going to FREEZE my CPU but it will cool it just fine and my biggest hope is that it will look awesome! LOL I got it dirt cheep and that my friend is the ONLY reason I got it.

If I was even thinking of paying more than 60 bucks for a HSF I would go liquid cooling any way.

Edited my previous post.

If you were just looking for something cheap I would have gone with the CM 212x. About the same price, pretty decent cooler too.

Back