• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 5 3600X OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also a question, what kind of temps are you guys getting on the R5 3600X on a 240mm AIO mine seem to be sitting around 45C - 58C idle at stock wondering if i have a bad seat or if it just runs at these temps

Mine ran at 30c-40c at idle with a ~1.32v 4.2ghz all core OC but I used a Noctua NH-D15. Maybe you have the fan curve too low ?

At idle my 3700X with a 240 AIO cycles between about 35c and 50c. It changes continuously according to what's happening with Max Turbo Boost at the time temps are polled. Max stress test temps are only about 71c, however.

I think this time of the year it's important to consider ambient temperature as well. I'm beginning to think I need to re-do my mount as well. I was planning to experiment more and start another thread, but if the OP has similar questions I can start placing data here.

Ambent for my system runs 23-25c. In HWiNFO64 my "idle" temps (this would include general web use, GPU folding etc, but nothing demanding) range from 43.5c to about 65c. In delta T that's 20.5-42c. This is in stock configuration. My cooling loop is set to run at 36c, so 11c-14c delta. Now that the air is on, I think I should probably bring this down to the 10c delta that is my goal. Running Prime95 Small FFT I reach 85c or a delta of 62c.

Now it's important to also consider that each of our chips is being subject to a different amount of voltage and current when we are taking these measurements. In the case of myself and trents, we are both subject to the same limits. Merlin's 3600x, however, can actually draw more current then our 3700x's (see the following link to reference stock values https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3491-explaining-precision-boost-overdrive-benchmarks-auto-oc). Kenrou's CPU has a fixed voltage that is actually pretty high for an all core load. I just say all of this to clarify that we should not expect true apples to apples performance, but I believe we should all be in a ballpark. For example if trents' delta T under load is greater than 10c different from mine, then I think it's safe to say there might be something going on. For Merlin I think it would be beneficial to check temperatures under a load like Prime95 SmallFFT. I think it we move towards collecting data we should also record ambient temperature, SVI2 core voltage, and PPT, TDC and EDC readings.

hmm interesting, you get good idle temps for an air cooler zerileous but i only suspect you may encounter a little bit of throttling from time to time. im puzzzled i might just try reseat my cooler my temps range from 42C - 61C idle but under load i dont break 70C which is odd :/ thinking about applying a lower V OC on it or something and see what kind of results i get also im using NZXT X52 Kraken in Push atm i prefer to use push pull, but i had to RMA my Crystal 280X because the side window screw holes threads are muffed, i have to wait until july for a replacement to come in stock.... ty corsair lol

*also i have no way of measuring my ambient but im sure the range for it is 25c-27c

Estimate is good enough for ambient temps :) Under what load do you not break 70c? That's pretty impressively low.

Hello Guys,

The learning curve with Ryzen has been interesting. My temp monitoring has been via NZXT CAM and all the OCing guides with Ryzen have been using Ryzen Master (although im not a fan of OCing using software) my temps reported on NZXT CAM are way off i would like to think that ryzen master is giving me some what of an accurate reading Any thoughts ?

Last edited:
Ryzenmaster can be counted on to give accurate temp reports if anything can.

But the question was, with what app are you loading with to get those temps?

Back