• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 7xx0 3D V Cache or No?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That neck-bearded YouTuber is an immature turd. :poop: I actively ignore him, no clicks from me!

That's a shame as he actually knows his..... :poop: and, generally, they do a good job bringing information to the table. Not sure how your're getting an immature vibe from the dude either... :shrug:
Are you kidding? He ranted like an obnoxious 8-year-old in the one and only video of his I watched. Plus a few years ago, in the middle of an issue he was looking into, he just went off on a camping/hiking trip and left the whole situation he was supposedly so concerned about hanging until he got back. Don't confuse intelligence with immaturity as both can coexist in the same individual.

But if you're a fan, that's up to you. I won't waste any more time talking about him.

I don't watch GN regularly as I can't stand the delivery. He seems to have tech smarts but everything is presented in an overly negative drama inducing way that gets tiresome fast. Actually, I'll partially take it back. When he's talking to other people he seems almost normal. It's just the in house content that is cringe inducing.

I get my information for hardware after release from forums just like this one.

End user experience after release with proper drivers and firmware.

Pre- release reviews can be informative, but after a short amount of time, driver and bios releases change and the videos become useless quick.

I can't stand the dude from GN.
Most reviews I don't watch because of bias opinions being made. A person's feelings don't change facts.

Get a Fkn hair cut, show me details, no opinions, perhaps I'd take the time and watch, plus the video would be shorter and straight to the point.

To each their own... but, IMO, as someone who knows the industry intimately, he has a pretty good track record of bringing facts to the table without bias. I'm not saying there isn't a YouTube factor in the delivery, but its easy to glean the facts off the vids.

Some people prefer more dry (and perhaps deeply technical) content... der8aur, or buildzoid, for example. Also, GN is no Linus... now that channel is annoying to me, lol.

What channels Do you watch @DaveB and @mackerel ?

Last edited:
Any one of us that has been doing this for awhile can run toob channel. It isn't hard.. just buy hardware, and use it :D

The way kids look up to the toobers is kind of sad. But its cheaper to listen to them then it is to buy the hardware yourself and find out on your own..

I usually get better results than them anyways, I take their words with a grain of salt.
Post magically merged:

Deep technical explanations are great. Buildzoid is probably my favorite actually.
I like BZ, he is a good kid, smart too. I can identify with him more than the other guys.

Any one of us that has been doing this for awhile can run toob channel. It isn't hard.. just buy hardware, and use it :D

The way kids look up to the toobers is kind of sad. But its cheaper to listen to them then it is to buy the hardware yourself and find out on your own..

I usually get better results than them anyways, I take their words with a grain of salt.
Post magically merged:

I like BZ, he is a good kid, smart too. I can identify with him more than the other guys.
I'd take anybodys reviews from here than most tubers any day. I've linked the memory review thread many many times. Well written, informative, to the point.... perfect.

But I get it, people are making extremely high dollar amounts, doesn't matter what the content it. The sillier they are, the more money they make. They don't give a crap what you buy after watching their videos.

Linus, can't stand that guy either. But he did good for his wife and kids. They'll never worry about money. 💰

What channels Do you watch @DaveB and @mackerel ?
For tech stuff like reviews I prefer text content these days, but still have a handful of channels on my watch list:
https://www.youtube.com/@TechTechPotato - you may know him best as former CPU guy at Anadtech. Not all topics are of home enthusiast interest though
https://www.youtube.com/@pcworld - relatively recently started watching and still debating if they're worth it longer term. Their weekly discussion replaced WAN Show for me. GN Steve was the guest on last one! Other content is unremarkable.
https://www.youtube.com/@2kliksphilip - tech from a slightly different perspective from mainstream.
https://www.youtube.com/@DigitalFoundry - possibly best resource for looking at graphics side
Honourable mention to der8auer, since I'm starting to watch more of his content recently but haven't sub'd yet.

Channels I used to watch frequently but don't any more include GN, LTT group, HUB. They all have a similar problem with their delivery. Facts may be ok, but presented along with bad opinion. To me it comes across as "I know better than the big companies" but all it does is show their lack of understanding of the wider picture. I have long debated if they're really that stupid or if it is just their on screen persona catering to the audience. When they talk externally they do seem better.

https://www.youtube.com/@TechTechPotato - you may know him best as former CPU guy at Anadtech. Not all topics are of home enthusiast interest though
My former boss at Anand. Ian does a great job presenting info and is incredibly technical. This a great example of what LTT or GN or HUB isn't. I can get behind that.

Still not entirely sure what all these 'bad opinions' are or why he's hated on because the dude took a vacation, lol... but I don't watch videos enough either to say otherwise. I know the dozen(s) I've seen over the years were pretty spot on and rarely recall any debacles (from GN).

From the technical point of view he does a good job, but I didn't like how he made bad reviews about products which were working like advertised and pushed negative comments when end-users clearly wouldn't see any difference. It was about some ASRock motherboards that I also reviewed. Maybe not special, but giving them so bad reviews was more like showing off. You don't buy cheap mobo and expect to have top power design that handles 1000W+ CPUs. Not to mention that nearly every new motherboard has a power design much stronger than it's required.
Still, you can learn something from his videos, while others mainly make a mediocre show to gain more clicks. Kids buy that, more advanced enthusiasts/overclockers not really.

"This is our Failure Analysis report of the AMD Ryzen 7800X3D CPUs that exploded on our test benches -- some as a result of over-current, some as a result of degradation leading to failure. We worked with an external Failure Analysis Lab to evaluate the result of AMD 7800X3D CPUs getting too much voltage (VSOC especially) and likely too much current, especially in scenarios where ASUS OCP fails to do anything useful."

I'm a happy user of Ryzen 7600 (non-X) :) Somehow I'm glad I didn't wait as it looks like I don't really need anything faster in my gaming PC and it made me save at least $200. Well, I spent it on something else that wasn't the best idea, but still I can live with a lower/cheaper CPU.

but I didn't like how he made bad reviews about products which were working like advertised and pushed negative comments when end-users clearly wouldn't see any difference. It was about some ASRock motherboards that I also reviewed.
I know what you mean..

I have a Strix B550-XE, and so does he.. He does not like the board very much. I think its a great daily board. I was able to achieve a little better results. He could too I am sure.. All of the toobers have their quirks though. I watch maybe 3 or 4 now.
Maybe not special, but giving them so bad reviews was more like showing off. You don't buy cheap mobo and expect to have top power design that handles 1000W+ CPUs. Not to mention that nearly every new motherboard has a power design much stronger than it's required.
Yeah that's the kid in him still :D

I know what you mean..

I have a Strix B550-XE, and so does he.. He does not like the board very much. I think its a great daily board. I was able to achieve a little better results. He could too I am sure.. All of the toobers have their quirks though. I watch maybe 3 or 4 now.

I had the same mobo for some time, but I ended up with too many Ryzen 5000 CPUs and mobos and I already wanted to move to the next gen so I sold everything. I still had pretty good results on the B550-XE and it was one of my best mobos for AMD. I only didn't like how PCIe lanes were not clearly described with the usage of the M.2 expansion card. I didn't check the manual before the purchase and later it was a bit disappointing when I couldn't run graphics card and all M.2 sockets at full speed. A bit weird move from ASUS side to use B550 for something like this. Later they corrected the desctiption on the website.
Right now I'm using ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene for AMD test rig and ASUS Maximus Z790 Apex for Intel test rig. Somehow I almost always end with ASUS higher mobos, even when I want to save some money at first. Sometimes it's MSI, but usually ASUS.

Back