• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen and Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

I have a question I have the following memory are on my system. Can they cause instability and crashes? I have felt that running them at 3200MHz felt almost unstable and after dropping it to 3000MHz seems to work a lot better.

32GB Corsair Dominator 2x16GB 3200MHz (Manufactore = Hynix)
32GB Corsair Dominator 2x16GB 3200MHz (Manufactore = Samsung)

I have a question I have the following memory are on my system. Can they cause instability and crashes? I have felt that running them at 3200MHz felt almost unstable and after dropping it to 3000MHz seems to work a lot better.

32GB Corsair Dominator 2x16GB 3200MHz (Manufactore = Hynix)
32GB Corsair Dominator 2x16GB 3200MHz (Manufactore = Samsung)
You bet!

I recommend installing the Hynix kit, writing down timings and other settings, installing the second kit, setting everything from the Hynix kit manually, and checking if it works. This is because typically, Hynix has more relaxed timing profiles, and motherboards are setting all other timings that are not in the XMP more relaxed. If the motherboard recognizes the Samsung kit first, then it may adjust everything for Samsung IC. Alternatively, you can just switch memory kits in slots and count that the motherboard will set different sub-timings for both kits.

I recommend installing the Hynix kit, writing down timings and other settings, installing the second kit, setting everything from the Hynix kit manually, and checking if it works. This is because typically, Hynix has more relaxed timing profiles, and motherboards are setting all other timings that are not in the XMP more relaxed. If the motherboard recognizes the Samsung kit first, then it may adjust everything for Samsung IC. Alternatively, you can just switch memory kits in slots and count that the motherboard will set different sub-timings for both kits.
Thanks I will give that a shot.
Post magically merged:

There are the differences.

Attachments

• Thaiphoon_2AtpH8nL4Q.png
    Thaiphoon_2AtpH8nL4Q.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Thaiphoon_qWmsmUDATO.png
    Thaiphoon_qWmsmUDATO.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Back