• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

s-video on my card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guardianx

Registered
my quadro 2 pro have a s-video port can i hook it up to my tv with an s video cable and be abe to use the tv as a monitor??

OP
G

guardianx

Registered
that is odd because when i tired to hook up the s-video into my sony tv and booted up my system nothing came up.. and the cable was secure into its place. so my s video port is defective right???

xl

Software is needed to use the TVOUT. It's not going to work when you just boot up with a tv plugged in. Also, I'm pretty sure s-video was created to be better than RCA, not sure though.

OP
G

guardianx

Registered
software? i looked all over nvdia site and i can't find any. my vid card is a quadro 2 pro? ...

AntmanMike

He means, Windows has to start (With the nvidia detonators of course) to start TV Out mode. the BIOS can not do it itself, as it is set up to use VGA Out (or DVI)