• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe overlclocking Nvidia GT 520

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theoverclocker9

Registered
Hi,

I would like to safely overclock my GT 520 GPU,so I would please you to tell me which overclocking values are safe for this card?

BTW my GPU is a fanless version,but I have added a large (120 mm) case cooling fan to it.

bmwbaxter

Download MSI afterburner, max out the power level slider (if it has one) and increase the core clock until it crashes in 3DMark then back it off a bit from there and retest.

Not even worth overclocking to be honest it is a 9 year old GPU chip driving it.

OP
T

theoverclocker9

Registered
Download MSI afterburner, max out the power level slider (if it has one) and increase the core clock until it crashes in 3DMark then back it off a bit from there and retest.

Not even worth overclocking to be honest it is a 9 year old GPU chip driving it.

Thank you for replying.

But could you tell me some overclocking values please?

trents

Thank you for replying.

But could you tell me some overclocking values please?

It doesn't work that way. Each card, even the same make and model will respond differently. Make small incremental changes in core and VRAM frequencies and test for stability. Don't make changes to both at the same time but find the limits of each one independently. Always monitor for temps while you are stress testing. I would not allow temps to exceed about 85-88c.