• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe to put 2 80mm fans right in front of GPU fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The build will be finished tomorrow probably. Have overclocked several times, got a 4790k up to 4.9 easily, after having learned things from you guys. But have to ask questions about temp issues now because I'm soon traveling, so if heat really is a problem I need to know asap, so that I have time to order a new case or components.

You won't know until you've got the system together so you can test it. My guess is that it will be fine, but you can't really be sure until you test it out.

The 1070 is like 150w TDP, isn't it? So, it's like 300w of total heat you need to deal with. You should be fine.

Really idiotic that CM didn't make a few more holes in the case for attaching the fans elsewhere.

I dont know how you feel about it personally, but you could always cut the holes you need. You can make or buy covers/dustfilters for the fans, although I guess you really wouldnt need a dust filter on exhaust.

Ah, case modding, good idea actually :)

Will do it if the 140 mm front exhaust fan is not enough with the air cooler. But nice to hear that I got a realistic chance with the current build, so I will not order new parts now, but tweak the airflow the best I can and see how stable it is. Tnx!

Back