• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saitek Eclipse Limited Edition. Red!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millhouse

http://store.yahoo.com/saitekusa/pcgake.html

For those who like red over blue.

saitekusa_1877_3677129

darksparkz

I thought this was already released, but looks nice.

Get either color to match with your overall case color or room color or whatnot, lol.

J-Mag

eh, the blue doesnt hurt your eyes as much :D

Uhh... I am assuming you have not even used the red one...

The military has always used red light to help prep for night combat. Astronomers use red light as well to maintain sensitivity for their eyes. A pigment known as rhodopsin is contained in our rod cells and is sensitive to very low light levels. Rhodopsin is less sensitive to red light than to other wavelengths.

Essentially if comparing wavelengths of the same intensity red wavelengths are better for your night vision.

ckj

J-Mag said:
Uhh... I am assuming you have not even used the red one...

The military has always used red light to help prep for night combat. Astronomers use red light as well to maintain sensitivity for their eyes. A pigment known as rhodopsin is contained in our rod cells and is sensitive to very low light levels. Rhodopsin is less sensitive to red light than to other wavelengths.

Essentially if comparing wavelengths of the same intensity red wavelengths are better for your night vision.

And the 911 emergency phone rooms use blue light to help keep the operators calm when people call in with an emergency. So you could make the argument the blue one will help you keep calm in a firefight. :p

OP
millhouse

millhouse

Ok... this keyboard has high and low settings. So if it hurts your eyes you can turn it down. With that said, lets get back to the original topic.

Nexus Realized

I've got a the regular one (blue) I'm pretty satisfied with it. This one looks cool too. I wish mine had the light strip on the spacebar. Looks nice in all black too.

OP
millhouse

millhouse

Im deciding whether to go with red or blue. Im probably gonna order everything for my new rig except for cpu, mobo, vid card, and ram. Im waiting for AM2 and more options for DDR2 and better timings.

lXlFUSElXl

I was thinknin about getting this board,but i wasn't sure if it was a good keyboard or not...im guessin it is then?

OP
millhouse

millhouse

Ive seen comments from other members on the forum who have it. They all been positive as far as i can remember.

darksparkz

The new blue LED one has that light strip on space bar.

My brother has the blue one and it works pretty well. Keys are smooth, pretty good for fps games and reacts well. Only problem is, to me the keys feel small, but he says its fine for him.

fuzzba11

darksparkz said:
The new blue LED one has that light strip on space bar.
Mine also has the 'strip' on the spacebar...

It's a really nice keyboard, the wristpad is adjustable and very comfortable, and the keys have just the right sensitivity without being loud.