• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 850 EVO...um...WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JrClocker

AKA: JrMiyagi
Just got a Samsung 850 EVO for my "Little Folder" rig.

Um...WOW!

Very impressed!

By the looks of your sig, it's not your first SSD. What's different?

(That's the way I felt when I installed my first SSD. After that I had high expectations.)

No...not my first SSD...had many (love my Samsung 950 Pro).

It's read/write is about 100 MB/sec faster than the SSDs (Sandisk) I put into my wife and daughter's computers.

Very impressed with Samsung SSD products.

I thought I was coming in here to see your caught fire like Johan's! :escape: :beer:

(he had a different model)

The Samsung 250 GB drive was about $20 more expensive than the Sandisk...glad I "splurged" and spent the extra $20!

And I bought it off Amazon (not Newegg) so it won't catch fire! :chair:

Nope it was a Kingston Hyper3K, still waiting to see when/if I get one back.

I have to admit I was a bit questionable after all the problems I read about in one of the earlier series of Samsung, but their 850 seems to be up to snuff, even in a laptop that doesn't have ACHI or a way for me to access it, (thank you HP). I do like my Intels though, but like all manufacturers everyone seemed to have problems at first or with new controllers...what-not. Find a brand you like and stick with it. If you find a brand you really like buy some of their drives while on sale and send them to me so I can test them out :chair: :escape:

Since reading between the lines didn't work, ask in that thread. It has nothing to do with this one. :)

Back