• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung 955df vs NEC multisync FE991SB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pummer

Let me preface this by saying I love my FE991SB.

I'm building a computer for a friend, and he wants a 19" CRT or 17" LCD. His budget being what it is ($250 ABSOLUTE MAX), I've pretty much narrowed it down to two choices. The Samsung 955DF, which can be had for $200 at best buy, or the NEC MultiSync Fe991SB, which you can get on www.techonweb.com for $249 including shipping.

Is the NEC worth the $50 in your opinions? Is there another monitor we should consider?

Warlord2

I never have seen the NEC but I love my 955df. Had it for 4 years now and nothing has gone wrong with it. Some of my friends say it looks better then their LCD monitors in some games.
I dont think you will be able to tell the difference between the two. Your best bet would be to go check out both of them at best buy or CC and see wich one catches your eye.