• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung F3 1TB $79 + Free shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhaseZero

That's very tempting, I'd snatch that right up if i didn't already have a caviar black as my OS drive in my windows home server. I need more storage but i have a feeling I'd be better off looking for the best price per gb ratio.

Brando

i might go for this since wd refuses to label their new drives as 500gb platter models.

WhatTheSchmidt

is the F3 500gb or 1TB faster?

I know the 1 TB is just 2 platters, but it has double the cache...which would be faster? if there is a difference.

Can't decide which to get atm...

OP
BossBorot

BossBorot

there is no difference in speed as far as I have read although the 1TB model is theoretically faster due to more cache. However cache has little to no effect on end user experience. The 1TB model is also typically cheaper on a cost per gigabyte basis which is something else to consider.

Personally I have a 500gb F3. I got it to go with my SSD for ripping space and a few extra games if I feel the need. I wanted my system to be as quiet as possible so I went for the 1 platter drive. I also have a 12TB, and growing, server that I store my stuff on so I don't need 1TB of space on my main rig.

Last edited: