• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung monitor p2450h does not show bios or boot to cd or boot select with F12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

I am working on a computer, not mine, in which this monitor (and system) boots into windows 10 fine... but on boot i go directly to a black screen which finally ends up at the Windows 10 logon screen... fine and dandy, but no post screen is shown Using either vga dvi or hdmi cables. When I hit F12 to try get a boot menu, just a black screen... when I hit the "delete" key, no bios shows, although I know I am in the Bios. I tried resetting the bios by way of the F7 key once I was sure I was in the BIOS, then hit enter, then F10 to save, hit enter and the computer rebooted, you know, with first a shutoff, indicating that a BIOS change had occurred, but it did not change the behaviour of the computer/monitor.

Can anyone offer advice, I feel I have tried almost everything.

Is there a video card added in and if so, is the monitor connected to the video card or the onboard video? I assume the system detailed in your Signature is not the system you are having a problem with, correct?

Right, with a different system... the monitor is weird. I did finally get it working... DVI and a video card On boot, the monitor goes through stages of black screen called HDMI, Analog, and Digital, searching, searching.... until finally I end up getting video at the login screen. But if I reboot, then it will give me post screen and ability to get into the bios or seklect a boot drive with F12 . Thx for your response.

Make sure in bios that the GPU device initialization is set correctly. Usually, there are three choices: Auto, IGP or PCI-e slot (or something like that). Sounds like it may be initializing the wrong GPU device and then going through all the options. "AUTO" usually works but try something else if it doesn't.

Also, sometimes it's necessary to do a hard reset of the CMOS using the jumper on the motherboard (or removing the CMOS battery) when there is a boot problem.

Went into the BIOS and under ""initial display output " PCIe 1 slot" IS enabled, by default I reckon... other choices on the dropdown menu are the onboard, "IGFX", which I'm not using, and other choices " PCIe 2 slot " and the "PCIe 3 slot". I think the problem is with the monitor, something i picked up 2nd hand and whose adjustment buttons lack the LED lights that are supposed to be lit and the buttons themselves which are pretty unresponsive for making screen adjustments. Can't think of anything else

Back