• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NC 57” ultra wide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

Within the last year, I picked up this LG monitor. I’m only a casual gamer, so I don’t care about 240Hz refresh rates and the like. I care more out color rendition and real estate. While all the specs aren’t yet known and I presume will be released this week at CES, I want this.

While popping an extra foot of monitor width may be a bit of a stretch (intentional pun), the additional 50% resolution width seems too good to pass up.

Looks interesting. Big. Lol

It's got another weird stretch res I fear won't be supported natively by a lot of titles. That said, your previous monitor had a weird res too so... you know what that does, if anything, to games that don't support the res. Outside of that and the size, it's a winner.

It's got another weird stretch res I fear won't be supported natively by a lot of titles. That said, your previous monitor had a weird res too so... you know what that does, if anything, to games that don't support the res.
Well, if it supports 32:9 / 3840x1080, this is “just” double that. As mine is 21:9, most current titles I do play have no issue there.

Don’t know which is more the unicorn ratio.

I just realized that's dual UHD... I currently rock 2x 2560x1440 and game on one. This, for non gaming purposes, really has me interested.....but I still game a lot and that worries me.

Maybe when the 5000 series RTX cards come around.

It might not be absolutely terrible. As while you’ve got the horizontal pixel count to
contend with, vertical pixel count is still only “4K.”

I am checking to see how games downscale to 2560x1080 in my case to see how well it actually looks. In which case with the above monitor 4096x1080 should be doable.

I’m in the middle of doing things in Satisfactory, which does not offer the 50% scale for my monitor which is unfortunate.

Yeah, horsepower is another thing for gaming in fullscreen...that's double the pixels of 4K (16.5M!!!). 4090 and 7900 XTX would play some titles at 60 FPS/Ultra I bet, but may struggle in others.

I don’t suppose anyone picked up this monitor? A local friend of mine has it I think and I’ll be popping over there next week to check it out. Its color accuracy is ok. HMDI 2.1 won’t cut it for the resolution and refresh rate, not that my GPU would drive that anyway and it doesn’t support DP2.x either. I’m equally tempted to use it on my sim rig too.

Back