• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung or LG??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lg is one of the best ones as far as quality i listed there though the samsung seems to be right with it but lacks and hdmi connector. im so torn as to which to buy its driving me mad.

HDMI is pretty pointless with a monitor so don't sweat that too much.. The LG does have nice specs, but look about equal to the Samsung. Either of those would be a fine choice IMO - I chose the Sammy because I've owned a few myself; therefore it gets the nod.

thanks matt i appreciate it. I have feeling its going to be the one I buy since I can just run to the store and pick up no messing with shipping and all that.

Good point about just grabbing it from the store - at least if there's some issue, it can simply be returned for another.

No sweat, enjoy! The Samsung is purdy; that I will say.

i have heard that they share panels occasionally i assume this is what you are talking about.

well one last delema...i can get the 2494sw for the same price as the p2350. ones a 24" the other is 23". they have identical specs except the 23" has a 2ms response time where the 24" only has 5ms response time. I plan to use this monitor to game on. which would you choose?

well one last delema...i can get the 2494sw for the same price as the p2350. ones a 24" the other is 23". they have identical specs except the 23" has a 2ms response time where the 24" only has 5ms response time. I plan to use this monitor to game on. which would you choose?

Flip a coin, either would be fine. :comp:

i think im gonna grab the 24" if the response time is too slow i should be able to just return it. gonna go to best buy and ask a few questions on saturday.

i did see those and they look nice but i cant really find any reviews on them

yeah im gonna do some browsing tomorrow i think. ill let u all know what i end up with and my thoughts thanks again everyone

thanks for the response though this is the first I have heard anyone speak poorly of samsung or lg. I have owned both and never had a problem personally.

Probably just me then - I'm just basing that off of two bad panels I had back in 2007.

I'd rather just stick with what I know is good like a Dell w/ an AU Optronics Panel in it *shrug*

yeah u cant take one product and base ur opinion about an entire brand off it. if so u could say well dell computers suck so their monitors must as well. u know?

Meh not necessarily - I just found that most Dell monitors have AUO Panels in them and that the Samsung and LG panels are usually Chi-Mei (CHO) Panels or something of the like.

TFTcentral.co.uk is a great source for finding out what panel is in the monitor you're looking at :)

i see. well i wouldnt know which panel is better but i had heard that dell uses a lot of samsung panels which would defeat the purpose i suppose. but to each his own.

Back