• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung S5053 50inch 1080i Plasma TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

This is my main TV. LOVE IT! :)

Im thinking of using it when Im not watching TV to hook my gaming rig up to.

50inch would be an AWESOME monitor, but I notice that the native resolution is only.....1350X768 (or something similiar to that).

Thats not much!!! Do you think it will look distorted running it at higher resolution? Would things not look really good on that TV from a PC output?

This is a rig with 8800 GTS G92 512 in SLI with regards to the GPUs.

TY!

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Do you think it will look distorted running it at higher resolution? Would things not look really good on that TV from a PC output?
If you are using a digital cable, it shouldn't even let you go higher than that resolution. If you are using analog, you might be able to, but it would look bad since the pixels are not "lined up".

Best bet on LCD's is the native resolution. ;)

Mpegger

Some video cards/driver combos allow interlaced video over the digital connection. So you could output 1080i to the screen, but it may or may not be any better then just using the native resolution. That depends on your TV. I think you'd be unhappy with the desktop/web browsing in 1080i, but gaming/movie watching (especially movie watching) sould be ok/good.

ratbuddy

1080i is a big lie. If the set cannot display 1080 lines, how can it properly display a 1080 line signal? It's just downconverting it to the panel's native size, losing some information in the process. I'm glad they seem to be phasing out those 16:9 plasmas with a 1024x768 resolution. Those were a big joke. Your best bet is to run at the plasma's native size.

The resolution should be OK as long as you are sitting at least 6 feet away. On my 42" 1080p at 6 feet away, the sharpness is great, but everything is too darn small in Windows. Games look awesome, no complaints there..