• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung SM955B monitor....any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RuffRyder88

Does anyone have any experience with this monitor or know of an online review?

Samsung SM-955B 19" CRT Monitor.

It is quite cheap and has all the features I want.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help.

regards,
bob.

OK, if no one has any experience with this particualr, can you tell me what samsung monitors are like in general?

I am going for this one over the Hansol 920P (which is supposed to be v. good) because the 920P is very big and bulky and the samsung model is quite small.

Samsung makes good stuff for the price. Bought (2) 17" monitors for recent builds, customers seem really happy with them and I was please with the quality of the flat screen. Required a little setup though to get them tight around the edges.

I was "eye-balling" the SyncMaster DynaFlat 955DF and the Viewsonic G90fb over at Dell and was wondering the same..
It would be nice to set the two side by side to see the difference..

I have the 957MB and its amazing. The 957MB has higher resolutions, and higher refresh rates then the 955, and the dot pitch might be a little better, not sure. If I were you i'd get the 957, best monitor i've ever had. I got mine from here , only took about 4 days to get it, came brand new with lots of features. Great deal!

The 950B is an ok monitor its samsungs bottom line model for the 19". I looked at thses when i bought my 950P's.

If you aren't particualr about your monitor it should be fine. you may want to look at the new MB monitors there are 3 of them for 19" and they are pretty sweet.

The 955DF flat monitor is nice also but i've heard of longevity problems with them.

I can't believe i'm giving this advice but check out the PCWorld website for their reviews -- i've sent many, many people there in the past and no one I know who has taken their recomendation has been screwed. just be careful where you buy it from.

Good Luck T

Back