• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samurize Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SlowBurn

OK I know a lot of people want to know how you make progressive progress bars in Samurize, well here's a quick tutuorial how it's done. Now bare with me, I'm not at home so I don't have the actual program in front of me, so if I mess something up I will edit it when I get home.

First thing is you need to add a Graphic Area. Once you have the area you want, click and drag at how big you want the area. Next thing you do is click on the second tab called Meter List. When you first click on this tab there will be nothing in there, but a blank white screen on the left. So, let's add something :)

Click on the Add Meter button on the right, and select Add PerfMon from the selection. Another window will appear and will allow you to select whatever it is you want to monitor. For now let's select Processor under Performance Object, % Processor Time under Select counters from list, and Total under Select instances from list. Of course you can pick whatever you like, but for this little turotial we'll pick those.

When you have completed selecting what it is you want to monitor, click the OK button, and it will bring you back to the same screen you were at, before you clicked on Add Meter, except this time there will be a meter in the white screen to the left. If you click on the meter, it will bring up it's options in a window titled Standard Tasks to the right. This will allow you to change the color, length, height, etc. For now leave them how they are.

Under Display Properties there's an option that lets you select if you want the monitor to be a graph, histogram, text, or a progressbar. For this little tutorial you want to select progressbar. Once you do that, you might notice that a few more options become available, but right now we will ignore them.

What you want to do next is click on the meter in the left window again, but this time click on the copy button that you will see at the bottom of that window. Once you have done that click on the paste button 9 more times. You will notice identical meters appearing in the left hand window, until you see a total of 10 listed. Now I just used 10 for this, but you could have made as many as you want, but they will all need to equal 100%, which you will understand in a few minutes.

Now if you look at your sample screen at the top, you will still only see 1 progressbar, but we are about to change that. Click on the second meter in your list. The options in the right hand window will appear again. Scroll down until you see a radio button for Horizontal or Vertical. This will determine if you want your progressbars to show the meter going across or up. Let's pick Horizontal for this exercise. Once you have picked how you want the progressbar to look, you will see 2 fields called Position X and Postion Y right underneath. This will tell the program where you want the progressbar to appear in your graphic area. Change the Position X value to 10 more than the value that's in there now (the default value is 4) and hit ENTER (you must hit enter or your values won't be recognized on your sample screen). Once you do that, you will notice that you now have another meter next to (or pretty close to) the first meter you made. Now do that for the next 8, always adding 10 more to the value in the Position X field than you did the last time. Once you are done you will notice you have a horizontal line of 10 progressbars.

Now here's the part where we make the progressbars different. Click on the first meter in the list in the left hand window, and bring up it's options again. Scroll down and look at the options, there are 2 field that say Min and Max. The Min value is a 0 and the Max value is a 100 by default. What this means is that for that one progressbar, it will show 100% of it. For this tutorial change the Max value to 10, and click enter. Click on the second meter in left hand window, find the same fields, but this time change the Min to an 11, and the Max to 20. What this is doing is changing the values that will display in the actual progressbar. Do this for the rest of your meters. For example the 3rd meter would be Min 21 and Max 30, the fourth would be B]Min[/B] 31 - B]Max[/B] 40, all the way until you get to the 10th one which would be B]Min[/B] 91- B]Max[/B] 100. Always remember to click enter after you change the value of the field.

Once you have completed this save your project. Find the samurize icon in your system tray. Right click on it, and select RELOAD CONFIG. You will now have a progressbar on your desktop that look like the ones in my screenshot..

You can also go into each individual progressbar and change the color under the optons whre is says Meter Color (HEX) so it looks like it progressively changes in color for a nice effect :)

Here is a template you can use.

I hope this helps a lot of you with your samurize questions. It really is a great program and it's a lot of fun to configure and build once you get the hang of it. If you have any questions, you can email me at [email protected], or you can msg me on MSN at [email protected].

Last edited:

vinyljunky

Here are my humble attempts at using samurize. Very simple in comparison to the impressive displays in the post your desktop thread but a demonstration of the capabilities none the less :) Any questions/comments are encouraged.

SIMPLEsamurizeconfig.JPG
BIGsamuraiconfig.JPG

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
Me so happy, want to cry . . . I've been looking for that particular how-to for about three days and could not find it. I will definitely have to do that when I finish playing BF1942. Thanks for writing up that tutorial. I appreciate it very much.

Z

baqai

yeah Slow Burn thanks for the tutorial .. okay i admit being a lazy *** right now i am using the template SB posted here :D but i have made some changes to it according to my needs

It's such a good starting point .. but soon m gonna make my own from scratch :)

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
Worked on mine for a few hours last night. About half way done. Looks pretty cool, but I had to basically start from scratch, although I did keep what I had for a template. Perhaps it would have gone faster had I started with nothing. Either way, it's starting to look pretty cool, and I thank you once again.

Z

subconcept

/me also thanks you

me and my friend were trying to figure how to do this with our samurize configs, ahh this will look so much better then the normal bars I hope.

Auri87

great tutorial and it helped a lot !!
one question tho. how do u change the font of the words? ever since i installed come language packs the letters got all weird

baqai

yeah my cpu runs this hot :(

i post a thread about it but got no reply .. it starts at 56C (even if its off for two days) my computer vendor told me not to worry the temparature readings are not right on my board

I have a cooler master fan on it (and damn its freaking noisy)

subconcept

Yeah I had an asus a7a266 that had inacurate readings. then i got a a7v266 it idled at about 45 celcius and had hit 55 celcius full load on stock hsf, but it dropped to about 45 - 47 load when i got a new hsf. My 2200+ is about 40 celcius full load, in the summer when the ac is on its about 36-37 full load on an a7v333 (dont ask me why i keep buying stupid asus boards)

Long and short of it asus boards tend to have inacurate readings, ive heard this from other ppl too on soem boards. Although I have a feeling the readings on my current board are correct.

Might be a good idea to grab a cpuple case fans to keep the air moving and a new hsf, ive never been impressed with coolermaster hsfs, not to mention how hard the ones in my experience have been to install.

I miss my tbird hehe, I wanted to build a second rig but handed my 1.4 down to my cousin. Im so kind.

Btw what program do you use there to contorl winamp from system tray.

baqai

I will soon be shifting to XP with DDR mobo and hopefully that will give me more accurate and low tempratures

My case is open from both sides so i don't think so case fans will make that much of a difference, do you think they will?

It's a plugin called gen_tray you can find it at winamp's site

subconcept

Sweet, thanks for the link. Gonn try it out tomorrow, school has been crazy with tests and assignments this week, i have had to computer time to have naps! aghh not good.

Well even with your case open, theres no air moving its just not contained by the sides of your case, so yes it will be cooler then it would be with side panels on but if you position intake and exhaust fans right you can get a steady movement of air going through your case. Generaly speaking if your temps go down with sides off your airflow needs improvement, a case with good airflow will experience an increase in temperature if you take the side panels off.

If your looking at a new rig see how your temps are when you put it together, alot of the xps run cooler and i assume you will look into a maybe more performance hsf when you upgrade. Then see if you need any additional cooling from there. If your going to run it stock you will be ok like it is now.

baqai

Lot of people are asking help regarding samurize and i direct everyone of them to this thread

*BUMP*

Mod's can this thread be sticky so it doesn't get deleted?

CrashOveride

yet another sticky *bump*

and not to jack the thread but baqui u may try reseatign your HSF... though it is prolyl your board's sensor you may want to check that was well....

and... any one having rouble in WC3 with samurize poping up (ud knwo wha ti mean if you had a problem) ? i do i could be cuz i have it on my second monior... though i think i happens whith mobydoack as well... again not to jack the thread... again... hm.. maygbe i should just make a post... nah...

cool tutorial... though i read it a long time ago didnt think to say nee thing:D :eh?: :D

baqai

Crash i will try that out, i came to know today (or i might have misunderstood) that Tbird doesnt have a sensor while the new XP's do have a sensor which give accurate reading? am i wrong?

*BUMP*