• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sandpaper for acrylic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

after being told there aren't any chemical etching products for acrylic i was told sanding it would achieve the same affect. my question is what would be the best technique for this? grit/direction/time?

Diggrr

Underwater Senior Member
600/small circles/60 seconds. Light pressure would keep from making deep scratches that show up so bad.
It don't take long to scratch up plexi really well (especially when you don't mean to), you can wipe off the dust every-so-often to check the progress.
Practice on a scrap piece of you got one.

Were you making (frosted) flames on your window?
For small detail work, you can try a typing eraser-pencil type. Sounds crazy, but it's an abrasive in a rubber base that's easy to control in tight spots.

UnseenMenace

UnseenModerator
I always thought that petrol 'ate' into acrylic and as such petrol soaked into wirewool would be my first thought.

NOTE :- Ive not tried this, its just a theory of mine and as such I would not reccomend trying it on anything you can not afford to loose :D

OP
kaltag

kaltag

yeah i was gonna do frosted flames on a big window on the back side of my case. thanx diggrr!