• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandybridge Chipset Design Flaw and Recall- MUST READ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh man you said it.. I'm loving my sabertooth, The issues i had with my gigabyte had me contemplating just offing all my SB stuff for a Thuban setup :screwy:

The asus bios is superb. Did your P8 ship with 1305 doz?

Yup it sure did. Not sure if thats good or bad, but I havent had any issues. The only issue I had so far is my new ram didnt like the blue ram slots. It had trouble booting, then locked up right when I did get into windows and wouldnt reboot. Installed in the A1/B1 slots and works great :D

Just ran P95 on 4.8ghz and it ran 6 hours without an issue so Ill call it good :D Maybe I can squeak out 100 more mhz, maybe even boot to 5ghz (ugh, if 5ghz boots, I might have to go water to keep it cool there, Im not afraid of voltage!).

Yup it sure did. Not sure if thats good or bad, but I havent had any issues. The only issue I had so far is my new ram didnt like the blue ram slots. It had trouble booting, then locked up right when I did get into windows and wouldnt reboot. Installed in the A1/B1 slots and works great :D

Just ran P95 on 4.8ghz and it ran 6 hours without an issue so Ill call it good :D Maybe I can squeak out 100 more mhz, maybe even boot to 5ghz (ugh, if 5ghz boots, I might have to go water to keep it cool there, Im not afraid of voltage!).

Doz

I have been having trouble with this booting error on occasions with no overclocking.
once overclocked it would take me 10 to 15 times of resetting via power switch. to get me into the system driving me crazy!

I am about to power down swap ports of ram and ill post back asap with results

fingers crossed this will allow me to OC

Thanks ROTORTURBO :cool:

Nothing wrong with 1305, only thing i've read about is some people were saying their OC required more juice after updating from 1204(or 12**, whatever it was) and some had issues if they didn't follow the "correct method" for flashing to update.

People made waaaaaaaaaaay too much out of this issue.

You know?

It was a frickin stepping issue for crying out loud. It happens all the time. We don't even know if/what the actual degradation on SATA II will be on pre B3 boards yet.

I have nothing else to compare to in regards to 1305, but I had no issues with it at 5.2ghz. ;)

Trade ya for my i7 950 rig. Bad bin too. You know you want it.

Yeah Intel did great for what they had to deal with,problems come up and they dealt with it,they could have done nothing abou it..
And yes who needs SATA 2 anyway?
I wish I had kept my ASROCK Extreme 6 it was awesome..i am going to buy one for a dedicated Folding maching..I have the Maximus now cause the asrock wasnt available at the time but for the money difference the asrock was just as good for almost 200 less..

For a folding machine, why would you blow so much coin on a mobo? most almost $200 mobo's will pull the same overclocks... save your money man!

Just thought some might find it interesting that the problem chip was added at the last stages of design and almost not included at all. 1 billion in losses later....... A friend works in that department and says there are many meetings, many conversations with all employees in that department and many, many lawyers. In one way or another this does help AMD even if its in the smallest way..... Now with that said, Where can I get one of these new boards...or better yet, where is Z68!

Just thought some might find it interesting that the problem chip was added at the last stages of design and almost not included at all. 1 billion in losses later....... A friend works in that department and says there are many meetings, many conversations with all employees in that department and many, many lawyers. In one way or another this does help AMD even if its in the smallest way..... Now with that said, Where can I get one of these new boards...or better yet, where is Z68!

They almost didn't include the P67 chipset? How would it work w/o that? :shrug:

My buddy got his RMA board as well.

photo.JPG

They almost didn't include the P67 chipset? How would it work w/o that? :shrug:

Sorry I meant transistor not chip. It was late.

Just a specific i/0 transistor within the chipset was nearly replaced with different technology (newer gate structure I believe). However time became a greater factor so it was left in to reduce further engineering. Again the bigger surprise to me is 1 BILLION in losses......Holy Moses that is alot of illions.

Hope that doesn't get passed on to you and I.....Comonnnnn BullDozer!

Back