• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanity check for upgrade/new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I also don't see how going from the giant case labs case to a still-giant 750D with external rads is going to make your system any more portable... Better off just building a second ITX rig with a single GTX 980 to power one of the 1440P displays (assuming you will only take 1 to LANs).

I often go to LANs to work with videos, so a ITX wont do, unless I build it around the 5930k.

As for monitors, so will I most likely only be able to fit 2 (2nd with help of shelf). So yeah, dont need full GPU power on LANs.

I often go to LANs to work with videos, so a ITX wont do, unless I build it around the 5930k.

As for monitors, so will I most likely only be able to fit 2 (2nd with help of shelf). So yeah, dont need full GPU power on LANs.

Sounds like a terrible LAN party hehe ;)

Sounds like a terrible LAN party hehe ;)

I enjoy working with video, which is why I have often gone as part of the video crew.
Or just gone to make a few videos on my own, while enjoying the party.

As for the case, so does it seems that you cant find small EATX cases (with officially support at least).
So its ether to find an ATX case that can handle EATX or find an X99 ATX board that works.

Edit:
Smallest EATX case I can find is Corsair Obsidian 450D.
As for ATX MB, so cant I find anyone I like.
So the 450D seems like the best choice.

Last edited:
Have you overclocked your 5930K? If you have not I would overclock to 4.2 to 4.4GHz.
Its overclocked at 4.4GHz atm. It might be able to handle more, but it would require some tinkering to get stable.

Just make sure it'll also fit all of your WC needs
Since I have external radiator, so would it only need to fit pumps and reservoir(s), plus blocks (but thats generally not a problem).

Back